Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at 69K miles and bought a 70K extended from Chrysler when I got the truck. I have never used it and am entitled to at least a partial refund. Does anyone know the correct steps to getting this refund? I hope I do not need to return to the dealer, it is a couple hundred miles away and I don't have the time.

Chris

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I am at 69K miles and bought a 70K extended from Chrysler when I got the truck. I have never used it and am entitled to at least a partial refund. Does anyone know the correct steps to getting this refund? I hope I do not need to return to the dealer, it is a couple hundred miles away and I don't have the time.

Chris
you get a refund if you dont use your warenty, are you sure. lol I havent used my home owners insurance or my health insurance ever, do I get a refund on that also :stirpot:

Reactions: griff44

·
Premium Member
10,267 Posts
Yes we cancelled it on of our Dodge's, we had to go to the dealer to fill out the form.

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I'd call the dealer and ask, ultimately it's the dealer that submits the paperwork to corporate who issues the refund. The dealer may be able to fax the forms to you to fill out and fax back, but nobody here will be able to know for sure. Best to just call them directly and find out what you need to do.

·
Premium Member
8,547 Posts
you get a refund if you dont use your warenty, are you sure. lol I havent used my home owners insurance or my health insurance ever, do I get a refund on that also :stirpot:
he is talking about the extended warrenty that he paid for, not the normal factory warrenty.

You can fill out a form and get some of the money back that you paid but it will not be the full amount.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. Know it won't be much but why not get what I can

Chris

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
just called and they are not giving me the refund, has to go to the bank that I still owe money for. Oh well should make it a couple payments closer to paid off

Chris

·
Registered
11,312 Posts
Dave Smith Motors offered me a 7yr/100K no deductable Maxcare Dodge service plan when I purchased mine. If you didn't use it,you got every dime back. Problem was it was $2700.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Dave Smith Motors offered me a 7yr/100K no deductable Maxcare Dodge service plan when I purchased mine. If you didn't use it,you got every dime back. Problem was it was $2700.
Call me crazy, but I'd take them up on that.

·
Registered
11,312 Posts
Call me crazy, but I'd take them up on that.
Yeah,I didn't have the cash and didn't want to finance the policy. I don't really have a trustworthy dealer here in San Diego to make use of it either. it would be nice if DSM would open a branch dealership down here.

My buddy went up to get his '07 and purchased the same policy,but it was a private company. So it's up in the air whether he'll see a refund.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
everything but a small fee like $50, its in the contract. I'm wondering if that still applies if the the warrantee is or was used under the 3 year/36k part and the extended will be refunded if not used after the 3 years/36k.

I have the warrantee, bought it to cover electrical BS like radios, power seat, windows ect. I used the standard warrantee when the truck was about a year old to cover the radio when it went ka-put. hope i still get the refunded amount if i have no need for the extended warrantee.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Whenever we've cancelled extended warranties, we've gotten refunds according to miles. With you having just a few hundred left, I doubt you'll see much, but who knows. We got maybe $400 or so back when we cancelled it on one truck at 90K with a 100K warranty. It also had to go to the bank.

·
Registered
11,312 Posts
everything but a small fee like $50, its in the contract. I'm wondering if that still applies if the the warrantee is or was used under the 3 year/36k part and the extended will be refunded if not used after the 3 years/36k.

I have the warrantee, bought it to cover electrical BS like radios, power seat, windows ect. I used the standard warrantee when the truck was about a year old to cover the radio when it went ka-put. hope i still get the refunded amount if i have no need for the extended warrantee.
The way DSM explained it,any claim during that period would void the warrantee. He's just hoping the company's still in business in a couple of years. he has never brought it it to date.
I brought my truck into the dealer here for the KO1 Ca emissions reflash and for whatever reason,it killed my ecm. Dodge manned up and supplied a new one and reimbursed the dealer. Tech allotted time was pretty minimal in my opinion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts