Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

How to fab up a Twin setup using an II Silver Bullet 62

1565 11
I am just wonderin what would be in involved to build a twins setup. i have a single Silver Bullet 62 turbo right now and thought it'd be nice to have twins. whats everyone's input on how to build, what to use for the other snail, what are the parts needed, any other thoughts. thanks! :thumbsup:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
956 Posts
DieselAutoPower.com
you could prob just get the plumbing and an s480 or k31 for the bottom and use your silver62 up top. might be a lil intake mods to fit just by ditching your afe intake box and keepin the filter:thumbsup:

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Allen!:thumbsup: anyone else got input whether they've done it or know anythin else about it? :turbo:

· Hemi
13,184 Posts
That's going to be a slow spooler. Lol but it will move alot of air once it gets going. You could put a s475 or s480 under it. Not sure which one would work better though.

· Registered
613 Posts
At what rpm do you light the 62 with those 90's? Go to at least a 200 with a twin setup using the 62. There was a thread on another forum that was linked her a while ago. The 62 was actually detrimental because we don't have the rpm. I would stick with a smaller turbo for twins.
I would actually like to try a hx35 with a 66, along with some 200's should have some quick quick spool up and be around 600hp. I will probably try it first with some 150's. If that creates some surging I may try to get my hands on a 68.

· Registered
434 Posts
The silver 62(62-74-14) is prolly a little big for a top charger.... Maybe you can send it back to industrial and they will rebuild it for cheap into something that will spool faster like a 62-65-12 or something and then go with a s475 on bottom....

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya i was just wonderin about maybe a smaller one to push this one or somethin.. wouldn't care if i pushed any more boost than i do now but if i had faster spooling would be sweet. like my turbo is made for like 47 pounds i think? correct me if i'm wrong but thats what a buddy is set at with his same one.

· Registered
434 Posts
your silver 62 can push more than 47psi.... prolly more like 55psi if you have the fuel to spin it. If ur only gettin 47 then your wastegate is set there.
But it sounds like ur looking for a small set of twins that spool fast... if thats what you want then you should be looking into selling the turbo you got and getting an economy set of twins like and HX40 hybrid over a HT3B. You could sell that silver 62 (if it is in good condition) for enough to fund at least half of this twin setup.

· Registered
1,640 Posts
run a he351 over an s475 it will spool so fast you wont know what to do with yourselfand you can sell that silver 62 for enough to pay for both turbos

ps: your turbo is not a silver bullet.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.