Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this might be a dumb question.
How does every body stage for a drag race?
Four wheel drive
2 wheel drive

I know to buil boost for you get to start lane.

Iv heard all diffrent things

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i take it Four Wheel High

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dam i hop high works..I know either high or low dont work. not sure which one..looks like i wll have to go on my road and see.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Dam i hop high works..I know either high or low dont work. not sure which one..looks like i wll have to go on my road and see.
Thats not good. If all else fails you can do a boosted 2wd launch and smoke the rear tires

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO:peelout:peelout

·
Registered
913 Posts
No need for burnout unless you get the tires wet driving into the lanes. If so clean the rear tires off in 2wd. Put it in 4wd Hi. First Stage, start building boost, let off the brake and 2nd stage build the rest of your boost and leave on the last yellow. Be sure to take it out of 4wd before turning off the end of the track.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Be sure to take it out of 4wd before turning off the end of the track.
:lol3:

Yeah i forgot about that the first time i went down the track. its my first 4wd and got to the end of the track to turn back and was like " what the F!" oh yeah, (click)

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
Drive around the water box, line yourself up, put it in 4 high, prestage and STOP. let the other vehicle go in 1st if possible, build 15-18lbs of boost, ease into stage, leave on the last yellow.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well maximum boost is 23 so yea

Ok this is what iv gotten
If four wheel hi works

1. Prestage
2. let other car stage
3. Build boost and ease ahead to stage
4. leave at last yellow
5. HOLD ON.
6. TAKE OUT OF FOUR WHEEL BEFORE TURNIN

·
Premium Member
25,764 Posts
I altered your post just a touch.

I slide it out of 4x4 as I am going down the track, you don't have to, that's just the way I do it.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
I altered your post just a touch.

I slide it out of 4x4 as I am going down the track, you don't have to, that's just the way I do it.
From what i understand, it doesnt come out of 4wd until you let off the throttle and coast for a sec. am i wrong?

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Well if you have a 2wd you don't have a choice but to spin!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Standard???

what about draggin a standard???:beer

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
From what i understand, it doesnt come out of 4wd until you let off the throttle and coast for a sec. am i wrong?
thats what i thought...there was a guy on the forum a while ago claiming that he would take it out of 4wd 1/2 track and finish in "2wd"...and when he did this, he saw consistently better times??

1 - 20 of 60 Posts