Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best way to cut through the plastic insert bed-liner if I need to install rails for the 5th wheel hitch?

·
Banned
5,586 Posts
Use something sharp. My leatherman blade sliced through it like butter.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Use something sharp. My leatherman blade sliced through it like butter.
REALLY??? Seems like it's thicker and tougher than that..

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I would not use this bed liner that came with the truck. Once cut water and debris will get under the bed liner, this will cause rust. My bed liner is in the attic for sale. I had a sprayed in bed liner done after the railes were installed. I then removed them had the Line-X installed then reinstalled my railes. Tjis is just my $0.02.

·
Banned
5,586 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
use a drimmil

·
Registered
849 Posts
tin snips work good anything that is power will stink real bad or a box blade dont take much

G

·
I cut one with a 4" diamond blade. Yep it did stink, and if you lay too long in one spot it melts the liner in that spot. But it sure made short order of it.

Best thing to do, since you will get water and debris under the liner, is to cut your bed and then get a spray in liner. It will be sealed and will re-inforce the bed.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would not use this bed liner that came with the truck. Once cut water and debris will get under the bed liner, this will cause rust. My bed liner is in the attic for sale. I had a sprayed in bed liner done after the railes were installed. I then removed them had the Line-X installed then reinstalled my railes. Tjis is just my $0.02.
+1 The cut up bedliner will haunt you later.

·
Registered
10,780 Posts
+1 The cut up bedliner will haunt you later.
x3

Those things are bad enough for causing a rotted out bed as it is, let alone hacking it up!!!

But, its your beast, do as you please. I would use a grinder with a zipcut blade, just move fast or you will make one hell of a mess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts