Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nice W250 X-Cab that I want to consider converting to dually. I'm buying a 93 6BT and Getrag from a D350 on Monday. I am getting the dually fender extensions also. Could I get enough parts from that truck to make my truck a W350 dually? Would the front hub extensions bolt onto my D60? Is the W350 rear end wider than mine or could I just put the dual wheels on my rear end, maybe by changing the drums or something?
Brian

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm not sure if the hubs will clear the lockouts or not??? I know you'll need to either swap rear ends or buy some spacers because the hubs are too close to the springs to clear the dually rim. If it's all cheap, get the wheels and hubs and get some spacers for the rear. You could always have the front hubs machined out to fit.

·
1ST GEN
15,574 Posts
You will need the rear axle from the dually.

Those flairs will not fit the fender well of a SRW bed. The SRW bed has smaller opening and lower than the dually flairs opening is.

You need a set of dually hubs for the front axle. The spindles are the same. The mounting position is farther out for the dually rim. The dually rim will bolt to the hub you have. But it would hit the frame with any type of turn.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will 2WD dually hubs work on a D60?

·
1ST GEN
15,574 Posts
No you need the D60 hubs. A set of chevy hubs will fit also. There are on ebay pretty often. Most of the time they run around $100 a pair plus shipping.

If you spot a set on ebay bring this thread back up with a link to them so we can make sure they are the right ones.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts