Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello....i have a problem with my tranny, i tried to change the pressaure solenoid, and tranceduser, and still not better.
so i think ill try to adjust the bands, but HOW??
please help, and pictures would really help:thud:

it won`t change between 1st and 2nd like it should, thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
I would send a PM to Pro99...very good with transmissions...

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hey, after you get the info please post it up. I had the recall done, and mine still sometimes does the same thing. dang Autos I wouldn't own one if it wern't for the wife. :w:

G

·
Adjusting the bands is fairly easy. You'll need an inch/pound torque wrench, and some common tools like sockets and wrenches. Look up you truck's specific specs, the front band on most Cummins w/ 47/48R* is 1 7/8 turns. Loosen the lock nut, and tighten the adjuster to 72 inch pounds. Back it off by 1 7/8 turns. Tighten the lock nut. You are done. The rear band is much the same, IIRC 3 turns is spec on it. Only difference is that its inside the pan.

Edit: forgot to mention that the front band will affect the 1-2 shift, so if thats a problem as far as being crisp, the band could be the problem. Do NOT over tighten, as it also affects the 2-3 shift, and getting it too tight will cause problems.

·
Go for Broke
6,696 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks ya all...ill try to do it my self:w:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts