Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

How To Add Amp To Infinity System???

10276 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  tob_e
:doh:I have the infinity system in my truck. I want to put my 2-10" subs on my amp to my factory navigation system. I went to my local stereo place and he said i need a adapter of some sort because without it, the infinty system will not allow full output. What do i need? I would like to find a used one to save money. Any ideas?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
346 Posts
you deffinatly need the module to run a stock head unit with a aftermarket amp. you may want to get some caps ( or something)to take the bass out of your current speakers and just make them mid range, since you will have the subs for your bass.

· Registered
40 Posts
i have 2-12's in my truck under the back seat that i installed. i went to wallmart and bought a crossover and it was like twenty bucks. all you have to do is wire it into the 4 speaker wire leads off the stock amp which is behind the glove box. the crossover gives you a set of rca wires which allows you to run an aftermarket amp for your subs. i hope this helps and doesnt confuse you. let me know if i can help you any further

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have 2-12's in my truck under the back seat that i installed. i went to wallmart and bought a crossover and it was like twenty bucks. all you have to do is wire it into the 4 speaker wire leads off the stock amp which is behind the glove box. the crossover gives you a set of rca wires which allows you to run an aftermarket amp for your subs. i hope this helps and doesnt confuse you. let me know if i can help you any further
Does that let your 12's put out fully. Does it really bang? The guy told me that if you don't put this special adapter it won't fully put out...a 15" will sound like a 8" in his words!!!
He said it's like $85 for it. I had one similar in my Duramax...Bose/Onstar adapter

· Registered
40 Posts
Does that let your 12's put out fully. Does it really bang? The guy told me that if you don't put this special adapter it won't fully put out...a 15" will sound like a 8" in his words!!!
He said it's like $85 for it. I had one similar in my Duramax...Bose/Onstar adapter
they fully put out. my rear view mirror vibrates so much that u cant even see out of it. when u wire the crossover into the speaker wires, its after they have been amplified be the stock amp so u get a very strong signal. im pretty sure i paid like 20 bucks for it but thats just a cheap one from wallmart but it works great and sounds very good. im using a 500/1 jl audio amp for power and its not even close to being turned all the way up

· Registered
672 Posts
You should you a PAC-CHY. It is specifically for our trucks. Google it.

· Registered
121 Posts
I have a AOEM-CHR2 from PAC in the wife's Dakota that works great with a RB1 NAV unit. For the Ram and the 7 speaker system, you'll need a C2A-CHY. Most amps have a low pass filter built in.

The PAC is the easiest thing in the world to install. One side plugs into the radio, the other into the harness, and a third side plugs into a box that has harness with 4 RCA preamp level out. The thing from Wal Mart requires cutting into the harness, but works just as good.

Here's the linky: Welcome to Pacific Accessory Corporation

· Regen? What's That??
1,077 Posts
In my viper truck I had the infinity system with NAV, and integrated an upgraded subs, amps, and mids highs, all using the stock head unit.

I used the Rockford Fosgate 360.2, but you could get away with the 360.1, you can get them on ebay all day long couple of hundred bucks for the 360.2 series...

Killer units, system in completly controlled via your laptop with bluetooth, or a windows handheld like a treo or other phone device...

Check em out... they are specificially built to integrate a OEM head unit/amps to aftermarket stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.