Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how often people have their truck go into regen mode?
I have the pmt which I only use in stock and tow modes. I have not used the tow mode for several weeks. over the past few weekends I have taken some trips which are about hrs each way on the hwy. I have found my truck in stock form to regen about every 200 miles
I thought I read someplace that others were around 500-700 miles. my 200 mile estimate was driving in areas with rolling terrain in western MD and Southern PA

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Mine is going in every 30-40 miles but I think that might be a passive regen. I am going to be pulling the trailer in a couple of weeks so I will know more then

Chris

·
Registered
190 Posts
Mine hasnt gone into regen in about 2500 miles:thumbsup

It used to regen about every 50 miles though after my lift:thud: Most of my driving was in town and i was down around 10 MPG if i was lucky!

My buddies 07 regens just about everytime he gets on it and lets off instead of running it out a bit.

·
Registered
309 Posts
how do you know it is in regen?

i have only about 1300 miles and only getting like 10mpg....

not sure what flash i have onboard, going to dealer today to find out....

wonder if they can program my new tire sizes as well

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
how do you know it is in regen?
The most positive way is through the use of either an EGT gauge or something like the Edge Insight / MSD Dashhawk.

A sudden drop in mileage on the overhead can be an indication but I've discovered that if I'm being easy on the go pedal that the drop is minimal, on a new truck you can usually smell a burning odor when regen is happening.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
A chip isnt gonna cause a ton of regens if you drive normal. If you get on it a lot then you will clog it faster.

Before my DPF fell off i was seeing 2 regens a day driving about 45-50 miles a day, mostly in town.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
I drive 18 miles one way to work. 3 stop lights and 3 stop signs. I run between 45 and 65. I see an active regen on my edge about every other day. On highway trips I go about about 200 miles between regen. DPF has got to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts