Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Diesel-less
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well in my truck, every other week. I usually fill up when I'm down to 1/4 of a tank left.

So, how about you diesel owners? Anyone can answer... I'm specifically looking for someone who drives anywhere from 5-20 miles in an average day. I was wondering because I'm going to be starting community college this fall or next spring and am driving every day.

And yes, I know your tanks get about 200+ more miles than I do on 3/4 of a tank :rof

·
Premium Member
25,250 Posts
I drive roughly 30 miles a day + weekends. I fill up every other week as well, normally around a 1/4 + of a tank left.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
16 Posts
I fill up the same, however I only drive mine a couple days a week! HAHA:rof :peelout

·
Go for Broke
6,694 Posts
at least once a week :thud:

80+ miles a day round trip to work and home + weekends

·
Registered
287 Posts
Me and my biz partner run a construction business, this time of year I'll put on anywhere from 500-800 miles a week. Appointments all over, flying material to the boys in the field, etc. etc. It hurts... :CRY::CRY:

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Round trip to my college is 22 miles, I do drive a good amount on the weekends. I fill up once every 2 weeks, recently two and a half weeks. I normally fill up around 1/4 of a tank.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
The Dooge isn't my Daily Driver, I rarely use it during the Winter Months, unless I get that itch and the roads are dry and snow free. I just filled mine up since early March. But, now with the nice weather, I feel that itch daily. :lol3:

·
Shiftin Fool
1,185 Posts
mine is my daily driver. as of lately i have been filling up about every week and a half. thats because i stopped going out as much. and i have slowed down slightly. :$:

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
i have slowed down slightly. :$:
That does make a big difference...I went from normally cruising at 75-80 down to 65-70 and it REALLY helped the cause...of course it takes me forever, *cough extra 5 minutes*, to get anywhere

·
Registered
213 Posts
I drive 18 miles a day and fill up every weekend at about 3/4 tank left. I am trying to minimize the shock at the pump. Especially since diesel can jump 10-15 cents during that time!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I usually make it 2 weeks and that's driving 20 miles a day to and from work. Right now I'm sitting 2 weeks and 2 days and I'm down to 1/8 of a tank.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Every 2 weeks here 70 mile round trip to work, luckily just 4 days a week, I also have slowed down to about 65-68 picked up about 2 mpg, still only gets about 18 mpg.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i fill up every week.. no matter what.. i have a 55 gal gravity fed tank in the bed and i just put $100 in it or so every friday. normally my fuel gauge dont start moving till about tuesday or wednesday depending on how wild my weekend gets.

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,667 Posts
i run 25 miles during the work week and fill up every week and a half.
its my daily driver, so i try and take it easy on the skinny pedal.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Filling Up

After reading all the previous, mine sounds strange. My truck is my daily driver. Approx 6 miles to work, home for lunch, back to work then home again. About 24 miles per day, mostly at 45 MPH. We rarely use the truck for a weekend trip around town, cuz it is just plain cheaper to take the wife's car, and besides why rack up the miles on my baby...:w: I fill up every three weeks, usually fuel gauge is at 1/4. Hoping to improve on that soon.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ive never seen my trip go over 200 miles....i try not to necessarily fill up, rather just top off....this will change though of course in the convoy to indy

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Mine was my daily driver until saturday, picked up a 89 dodge colt hatch back from my pa. He upgraded and I got the hand-me-down. 40+ mpg. But when it was the DD I was driving about 20 miles daily, and was filling up every other friday, I usually had about 1/8-1/4 left.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Every other week. Its my daily driver as well :thumbsup

·
If you aint 1st..Ure LAST
2,298 Posts
some times twice a week which is most weeks. i only get like 350 miles to a tank. no matter how i drive. work+girlfriends+home=50 miles not countin if we go somewhere. i dont even drive everyday either. we take dads 6.7 to work sum to.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts