Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We got some new trucks at work and I've been driving one this week. On the dash panel there is a digital display and when it goes into regen it tells you "regen in prgress". Just like the latest flash was supposed to do for us. I noticed that it goes into regen about every 500 miles or so and lasts for about 20 minutes or so. You can also select from a menu to do a parked regen, and this also takes about 20 minutes. My question is for those of you that have an Edge w/Attitude, how often do these things go into regen, and how long does it last? Also it's strange, but these new trucks get better mileage than the previous ones. And when it goes into regen the fuel mileage according to the display only drops about .1 mpg, from about 4.6 to 4.5. Sorry about the long post, just trying to figure these things out. I don't really think the dpf is the main reason for the lower fuel economy. Thanks.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I know mine would go into regen 2-3 times in an 830 miles trip, it think it just varies on your driving style. it never did kick in at a set mileage. (this is going off of my pyro) but since i did the delete, i'm getting way better avg mpg. 14 on the freeway to 18, and from 15 to 23 doing 55. when my pickup didn't go into regen i got good mileage, but as soon as it kicked in, might as well wave bye bye to it. the DPF delete IS the reason for poor fuel mileage.

·
Registered
337 Posts
this maybe stupid but what is the regen??

pfd delete is??

can the regen happen to a 03??

·
Registered
448 Posts
this maybe stupid but what is the regen??

pfd delete is??

can the regen happen to a 03??
If you have a 91 Ram 250 CTD or 03 3500 CTD 6spd stick You will never see regen.

Regen is short for Regenerate mode.
It is when the DPF. Diesel Particulate Filter in the exhaust and the EGR Exhaust gas recirculation systems automaticly turn on and KILL our gas milage. By burning the black soot/smoke that the engine exhausts. It cleans (greeny weeny) the exhaust by jacking up the EGT Exhaust Gas Temp to about 1400 degrees F. to Essentally reburn the exhaust and clean it up. Only avail on 2007 and up 6.7 ltr cummins'. be glad yours is a 91 or a 2003. :)

·
Registered
838 Posts
i was reading somewhere that some of the california diesels had the egr's and dpf's before the 6.7's... is this true or was a reading a thick line of b.s.?

·
Registered
838 Posts
found a website that sells them, but we're getting off topic now. :w:
DPF = POOR MPG's thats better

1 - 7 of 7 Posts