Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to sell my 90 w250 all original 85000 miles. How much are they worth and where is the best place to post it?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Prices are all over the place for these trucks, depends on the condition of it. I have seen some that I don't understand how they have come up with the asking price and some that are good deals. The bottom line is it's worth whatever you can get someone to pay.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
92 Posts
Prices are all over the place for these trucks, depends on the condition of it. I have seen some that I don't understand how they have come up with the asking price and some that are good deals. The bottom line is it's worth whatever you can get someone to pay.

Although that answer is spot on, it sounds like something a pawn shop owner or politician would answer. Not much help (of which I can offer less).
OP, post some details, location and pictures and you might get a better response

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
If it's a southern truck you'd probably get more out of it selling up north, best place to list is where it will be visable across the USA. There are very few low mile good condition trucks left.

·
Registered
606 Posts
First...this thread is worthless without pics...and location.

Ebay is always a great spot. Facebook Marketplace is very popular now. Craigslist is the pits, but still will give you additional coverage.

If I were you, I'd start looking at all of those three, expand your search for a few hundred miles, and see if you can find comparable trucks and then ascertain the price.

It's a 4x4, that's a pro! You didn't state if it was a Getrag 360 or a A518 in it, which makes a difference (stick trucks command a mint!). You didn't state if it was a single cab or extended, or has any rust, etc...

Post a pic and tell us where you live (roughly).

Here in NJ, if it were a low mileage truck with no rust, I'd say you'd be over 10k easy. But with some rust...and they all have rust if they're from around here, that can go down dramatically.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dodge1.jpeg Dodge.jpeg
This is the truck 2 years ago off this site when I was thinking of restoring it. It still looks the same with 2000 more miles. It has the Manual and 8510 GVW and is starting to need some care. Paint is just starting to peel around the body mounts.

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
Up here in the North you could probably get $12,000 to $15,000 for that more if it was a Intercooled truck. The 2 best things going for it is the mileage and the manual trans.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in Western Massachusetts nothing around for sale to compare except for redone ones with huge mileage

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have had my 1991.5 d250 auto reg. cab (a518) 160,000 miles listed for a few months at $12,000.00 with no serious interest. Lots of low ballers but not one has come to look or drive. Listed in add is new paint, new radiator, heater core, water pump, hoses, rebuilt trans., recovered seat new rubber in cab, etc. Truck looks and drives good and everyone in my area including some 1st gen gurus says truck is priced right. However no serious lookers so I have continued to improve with new control arm bushings completely new front end at this point, 5x12 injectors and a 14cm exhaust housing. At this point I have improved it past the point of being able to recover my investment in parts and labor (discounting my own labor to nothing) so It is going to be my work truck for the next few years. I will probably look into selling my 96 even though it has close to 500,000 miles and many mods. I plan to list it at $15,000.00 as 2nd gens seem to sell for a higher price in my area, San Diego Ca.

of course ymmv
bubba

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks bubba, I bought this 90 w250 new for 19k and since 2007 it's been garaged except for occasional lumber yard runs, firewood and plowing 3 driveways on a dirt road with no salt. Thats why there's 85000 on it. It was always a second vehicle so it's first 17 years were garaged a lot too.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Take a look here:
cummins | eBay

Its CRAZY what first gens are going for right now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Sent from my

·
Registered
220 Posts
That is a nice clean truck for the year. You should be able to get a good price for it. If I buy any more vehicles I will have to live in it, my woman would lock me out of the house. She doesn't understand my need for the 7 of them I have now. She doesn't understand it's a Mopar thing .

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
With a 5-speed you've got a more capable/attractive truck to offer.

Don't let anyone poo-poo that its non-IC or doesn't have the 'preferred' 92-93 grille. Those are minor details.

I try to use local ads whenever possible. Stick with your price and the bottom-feeders lose interest.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Put the truck on bringatrailer.com you'll probably get 20k or more as its more desireable and worth more than the last one that sold a few weeks ago for 23k. And that was an automatic with por-15 painted on the undercarriage leaving lots of questions as to what was lurking underneath all that paint. You've got a gem, I'd say get the money and go for it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Got rid of it in March. 11k someone came up to buy my 4 wheeler for 4k and said "is that for sale too, I'll give you 15 for both" so I took it. He drove it away that day. Never seen so many 100 dollar bills at once. Had that truck for 31 years. Longest of any vehicle I've ever owned. ☹

1 - 20 of 20 Posts