Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... A 98 dodge ram diesel I don't know if its 12v or 24v... :$::$:

(the sticker on the side of the door that says 2500 just says cummins diesel so I am assuming its the 12v or they just started to put the 24v symbol after 98 :confused::confused::confused: )

Its a manual and has 52 thousand kms (32 thousand miles) on it if my math is correct...

So any input is welcome... thanks
They guy isnt in until next week so no one knows how much it is :CRY:

Thanks in advance :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
what kinda of shape it in. Last year it worth lot more than this year because econ. And its 12V. I would say around 10-13 if good condition

G

·
that mileage is very very low for a ten year old truck also what is it 2wd 4wd short bed long bed auto or manual those things would help

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry forgot to mention....

Its pretty clean.. not alot of rust but it was never oil sprayed... It could have leaks on axles/ tranny because I never checked... and its Canada there is no such thing as "no rust"
purple in colour :lol3:

And its a reg cab long bed 4wd
if I had pics I would share them but I had no camera on me. I will go next week and hopefully find out how much its worth

·
Registered
45 Posts
anywhere from 10k to 12k

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So ya I found out its owned by a rich Asian who has a farm.... :confused:
Its a 12v...
355 gear ratio...
dana 80 rear axle...
I offered him 11500 and he would take it. I want to see if he will go to 10000

Edit: Fixed/ repaired Accident on right door - will try to get carfax or what ever its called find out more information on the accident...
Cracked windshield- looks like from rock
Wipers are shyt
One window fell down and the other doesnt work... the one that had been smashed

Is it worth paying even 10000 for this? This truck is a shifty sale. The dealer didnt buy it back which is why I think its confusing but the Chrysler dealer guy that sold the Asian the truck is willing to help him sell it.
Small leak on rear axle where it meets the drive shaft...
idles at around 900 and I am pretty sure it doesn't jump around in rpm.

It hasn't been safetied but it was quoted for around 2000

My dad doesn't think this is a good buy because it only has 52XXX kms in 10 years and it was owned by an Asian.

There was no 5th wheel hitch or gooseneck on it just a class 3 but still has a trailer break....

I don't know about 4x4hi or 4x4lo- forgot to check that

·
Registered
247 Posts
I would think that is to much for a 98 with that much damage.I just bought a 02' 24v reg cab 8 foot bed auto with 98k miles for $14k I have pic in my profile.As for the rear end leak mine does that to dont know if thats normal but hey it still works:lol3: If you really want the truck i would offer him $6k or 7k but thats up to you.Here is where i got my truck it is a really good diesel dealership Performance GMC: Welcome

·
......................... .....
2,798 Posts
definatly no more than $6-$6500

my 2001 with 68000 on it was $16000, full power, everything works, very clean

·
Cummins CrAzY
1,366 Posts
The leak you are talking about in the rear end is the pinion seal about a $5 fix. Make sure you push up and down on the drive shaft to make sure the bearings are good.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Make sure you push up and down on the drive shaft to make sure the bearings are good.
Which way do you push/pull? parallel or perpendicular to drive shaft?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bump:broke:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
you push up and down, perpendicular to the driveshaft. there should be no play and if there is the pinion bearings are bad

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks
I learned something :woot: lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts