Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
no more than 30k, maybe 32k

If you look at the deals others have been getting on brand new trucks (12-16k off sticker) that's about right. I'm in the process of finding a used 6.7 too...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
it books at 34 so i would offer 32 im buying a 6.7 for the wife its a 07 4x4 with a lift and rims and im offering 32 they want 36999

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
Nice looking 5.9L. I'd offer $28K and negotiate from there. Diesel trucks (especially used ones) are still pretty hard to move for dealerships right now and the worst they can do is laugh at you while you walk away.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
:ditto: 30k out the door, is got alot of aftermarket stuff on her.

·
Registered
127 Posts
:ditto: 30k out the door, is got alot of aftermarket stuff on her.
If you can get it for that, I'd say you did pretty good. It's missing the Cummins logo tho.

·
Registered
92 Posts
if you are in the market for a 5.9L that is a really nice truck. i would go to 30K otd. if you are looking for a 6.7, i just wanted you to know that i bought one about a month and a half ago new left over stock for 34K otd. i personally don't like buying used stuff b/c i think you are buying someone elses problems. if the truck has a bunch of aftermarket stuff i would be weary of the performance stuff on it. the wheels and tires, fender flares and intake that i saw on that are pretty nice. low ball an offer and see what they come back with

·
Registered
95 Posts
Make the sale subject to a front end inspection by an independent shop.Truck probalby needs ball joints,and possibly more,esp with lift and larger tires.Truck is clean,other than the lift.The fact that its lifted,use that to your advantage,its worth less lifted.I would say 30K tops in this economy,otherwise your better off getting an 09,with much better financing rates.

·
Premium Member
1,182 Posts
I paid $25.5K for the truck in my sig. the only thing that truck has over mine is the fact that it is a Laramie. I wouldn't give more than $30K

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its funny cause I called the Dealership the other day and one person said it was a 5.9 and the other guy said 6.7. Haha, I have no clue what's up?? Guess I may have to take a ride and see for myself.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nevermind, I just looked at the pics again, its a 5.9 right?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry I posted this in the wrong area. The Dealer first told me it was a 6.7. :confused013:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'd say it's worth $32k driveout.

The wheels and tires alone would cost you around $2400. The AFE intake would be another $350. The bedliner would be $500+. The lift w/ install would be around $2k.

You're looking at over $5k in tasteful mods.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
Looked like a leveling kit to me... I'd offer 30k walkout for it. I paid less than that for my 08 Mega 6.7 loaded to the gills with 24k miles less than a month ago in Houston. Id start neg @ 28k and see where it goes...

I WOULD NOT give them 34 for that truck... I doubt they gave 26 for it....

·
Registered
151 Posts
i was told that a lot of people say e baying a truck is not worth the time. how would you guys sell a 08 6.7L? I am trying to move my truck?

·
Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,458 Posts
Craigslist, word of mouth, put a sign in the window, and ask your local dealerships if they are willing to put it on consignment.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts