Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to advance the timing from stock. what is the recomended amount? I have some ppump modifications like 0 fuel plate, rack cap, afc slid forward, 3k governer springs, and some other stuff. I just want a daily driver but with some pretty good power and good smoke.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
19* works great for me .

The smoke thing during normal driving gets old ( referring to your cowboy fuel mods ) . Trust me , its NOT how to make a 12v smoke . More like , How to make it stop or at least cut down the amount of soot throwing .

Reactions: Lins

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
and good smoke.
Good smoke??? There is no such thing as "good smoke". All smoke is just wasted fuel & money blowing out the tailpipe. If you're dead set on throwing money away, go down to your local strip club and make it rain on them instead.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
If you smoke... I hope the EPA tags you next!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
There’s also a chance that good smoke means not much smoke, just cause he says good smoke doesn’t necessarily mean lots of smoke, but it also could...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
There’s also a chance that good smoke means not much smoke, just cause he says good smoke doesn’t necessarily mean lots of smoke, but it also could...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True, that's fair/ possible I suppose.

I just assumed based off of the context clues of " modifications like 0 fuel plate, rack cap, afc slid forward, 3k governer springs, and some other stuff " that he was kinda pro-smoke.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Newbee's need to understand that if they want to keep driving their diesel truck in the future they need to tone down the visible signs that give the EPA a reason to condemn them. Educating is a positive way so respectful comments above are warranted in my opinion.

·
Registered
723 Posts
He wants a number. What I’ve read here is 15-16 degrees is safe—-if you’re in a warmer part of the country maybe a bit more. With a stock turbo you won’t spool as quickly with higher timing numbers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts