Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much rail psi are you guys runnin cruising, with my dr.p on tow with no load at 70 i'am runnin 25k, I was told that was to high for constent psi, I was told otherwise by dr.p, they said that they make there chips for daily driving and that will not hurt anything, I tried telling them that I was told by a lot of people including John at Floor It Diesel that I would kill my injectors in a heart beat runnin that all the time, I don't have money for injectors cause i'am saving for a turbo so I don't want to hurt them.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Mine runs between 12-18k cruising @ 70mph.

I see you have an Arson cp3 kit, maybe your FCA went kaput, when mine failed I had 26k rail pressure at IDLE! sounded like a 12 valve.

What's it do without the pressure box?

·
I bleed diesel
1,342 Posts
It's best to leave the P box off for everyday driving. I'd tend to take the advice from the guys that have to rebuild the effects of high pressure. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I don't think its the FCA cause if I turn off the dr.p rail psi goes down to 18 or less.
From what I have heard the Dr. P is a very aggressive rail pressure box, even more then the mp8. I would turn it all the way down or totally off during daily driving. Or you could always get some super soaker injectors to keep rail pressure down:lol3:

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's to high for daily driving. You only want that psi at WOT.
Thats what I thought, Kevin (i think that was his name) told me that psi was fine to run all day every day, he said dr.p makes there products for the daily driver in mind and it wont hurt the injectors :thud: he didn't blame but did say that the rail pressure gauges are not accurate, he said the are just a educated guess.

From what I have heard the Dr. P is a very aggressive rail pressure box, even more then the mp8. I would turn it all the way down or totally off during daily driving. Or you could always get some super soaker injectors to keep rail pressure down:lol3:
I have it off, 25k at 70 was on tow, if I go to performance it will be at 26k I think, I know it jumped up some more from tow, injectors are after turbo and studs :$: I'll make 650hp if it kills me :lol3:

·
Premium Member
27,510 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeap, way to high. With a Quad X2 standard I would only see 17-18k cruising. With the Quad off and Smarty I see around 15-16K cruising. From what I have read and heard from very knowlegable folk that is where you want to be. You want to be under 20k cruising, more around 18k. Not good for injectors over the long term to be any higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts