Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed BF A/T KO 315/70R17 last month , the guy at the shop put 50 psi on all four tire (as per the max load on the tire) , but now my tire look like too much inflated, especially on the rear
What is the best pressure

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Take a piece of chalk and draw a line straight across the tread, shoulder to shoulder. Go for a drive. If only the middle of the line is gone, let out some air pressure until the whole line disappears.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I used to have some bf a/t 35x12.5r15 on my last truck and they looked like they were over inflated when i filled them to recommended.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
thats what i ran in my bfg a/t 315's on my old chevy, thats what i run in my bfg a/t's on my jeep wrangler, but i do only run 45 in the bfg a/t's on my DRW, even with that, my drw's don't wear all the way acorss. the ride is bumpier witht hem inflated to 50, but i'm tryin for the best mpg in all my veh. my .o2

bowz

·
Registered
235 Posts
40-42 front, and 35-37 rear usually works well for me, but I run a 10ply "E" rated tire. Wheel width will also play a role in how much air you can run without causing premature wear on the highway. I also inflate about 5psi more when I tow my trailer.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you BigB82789 for the info, i do the chalk test then i drop my front to 44 and the rear to 40 , my truck ride a lot better also since that :thumbsup

·
Registered
42 Posts
You all are lucky not to have the new TPMS sensors. I have to run 60# minimum in any tire I put on my '08...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts