Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
yes, yes. i know the thread title sounds silly, and everyone is going to say "you can never have enough power". but aside from those comments: when should a guy stop?

i have two different plans that i will be doing to my truck this summer, and i cant make a decision.

either a) raptor 100, adrenaline, 100 hp sticks, big single clutch. looks like a little over 400hp.

or b) raptor 150, DS1, adrenaline, 200hp sticks, dual disc, super b special. 500+ hp.

the big difference between the two is cost, the latter will be ~$2800 more...

i have never driven a vehicle with that much horsepower, i think the best ive driven was my old '80 camaro with a 454, had roughly 290hp.

is the 400hp option fun, like put a sh*t-eating grin on your face, or just pretty cool?

i think its safe to say that 500+hp is pretty wild. not to mention with a dual disc you can do boosted launches...

i would love to hear your guys' opinions!

Dan

Registered
just save yourself the heartache and go with mo powa!!!!!!

Registered
well around 400 is pretty fun and give you a good grin beating up on some hondas with you big HEAVY 4x4 diesel truck.

but having the 500 and toying with much faster cars like subies and what not would just give ya a poo eating grin.

that said my goal is to always be faster than my buddies honda. which is currently a 13 second car with crappy tires. i use that as my motivation the benifit is i will also be able to beat mustangs and t/a's when i can beat him.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
yeah me and my buddy always hack on eachothers rides, he has a skyline with twin turbos, its pretty quick.

Future Fly Boy!
if your friend has a skyline w/ 2 spinny things, good luck beating that ...id say too much power for a street driver is when it starts to become unreliable...depending on what you are running, there could be a wide variety of options...500hp is a nice place to be though...it can be reliable, economical, and still a ton of fun...also taking into account you're making probally over 1000tq, that's pretty wild

Registered
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yeah but to hit 600 id have to get twins or a 66, and atleast 240's... bye bye mileage and spool up! :banghead:

my buds skyline is stock except for a cold air and a beefy clutch. says it has 320hp. yeha i guess for a 6800 lb milk-truck-sized pickup to beat that it would need some serious jam.

Registered
a guy that i know is running 780hp to the tires and it is crazy.....lighting up 40's on the highway passing people. Thats to much in my opinion but it is his daily driver and he seems to handle it just fine but just gotta be very careful with the go pedal

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i was thinkin with the bigger single charger, the lag is bit of a traction/safety aid. with twins the instant boost could get dangerous (and fun i bet)

Boiler up!
yeah but to hit 600 id have to get twins or a 66, and atleast 240's... bye bye mileage and spool up! :banghead:

my buds skyline is stock except for a cold air and a beefy clutch. says it has 320hp. yeha i guess for a 6800 lb milk-truck-sized pickup to beat that it would need some serious jam.
no, u can get a hybrid single, and some big stix with a hotrod VP u dont NEED twins but it would make it easier.

Registered
damn... i want to be able to light up 40" tires on the freeway, when i hit that mark i will be a very happy person

Future Fly Boy!

well hell, you'll be able to take out a 320hp car in no time:thumbsup: there are some older skylines though (super hard to find) that are pushing huge power...this one has its fair share YouTube - nissan skyline r34 v spec 1000 bhp hks

Registered

Registered
you don't need a HRvP.. a good SO pump wil ldo the trick.. My truck will get it's but handed to it by a honda on a semi damp road.. Evenat 70mph it will blow the tires loose.. So I say depending on your condiions you drive in is where th elimit might be placed...

Registered
Discussion Starter #17
i dont think id ever want that much power with a 2wd. valair you said you want more power! jeeze man. thats crazy

Registered
damn... i want to be able to light up 40" tires on the freeway, when i hit that mark i will be a very happy person
Hell yes!! me too!!!! all i know is if i had that much power i would never have good tires, they would always be bald from smokin em down the freeway beside corvettes.:headbang::hehe:

i dont think id ever want that much power with a 2wd. valair you said you want more power! jeeze man. thats crazy
naw that aint crazy, its just life, faster is always more fun!

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
hah yeah i bet. im gonna start a savings account for tickets after this summer. just in case :thumbsup:

Registered
yeah i said i'd be happy with 500. then i dynoed 536hp 1122 tq. now i want to build for 650-700

1 - 20 of 38 Posts