Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

How much is to much for replacement bulbs?

802 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  iretommy81
Would you pay $80.00 for a pair of Vision X premium white replacement bulbs ?? I did and I do not feel good about the purchase. I have not opened the box so they could be returned. I can pick up a pair of Nighthawks for less or Sylvanias .
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,405 Posts
sounds a little pricey.
I have found that the stock halogen bulb set-up is going to be pretty much the same brightness regardless of what bulb you put in, unless you step up to HIDs..

· Registered
450 Posts
i put silverstars in. seemed to make a little difference. i paid 35$/each i believe. i felt i can see more then with stock ones...... not sure what anyone else feels about it

· Registered
5,648 Posts
Guy
I agree with the other guys, higher wattage bulbs will not gain much, that beling said I got some "princess auto" (my fav store!) 9004 bulbs that were 2 for 10$ and they were 80W low and 100W high beam, standard wattage is 45-60, They are definitely brighter, but if they cost 80$ they still would not be worth it.
I installed two 50watt spots from PA (4$ each) and angled them down (have not been flashed by other and they blow the stock bulbs out of the water, even with the after market headlight assys I have. then I have two 100w spots wired to a floor switch for hibeam, and they light up the road for at leat 500plus meters, deer and wildlife dont stand a chance, they were 24$ for 2, on sale they were 14$.

My advice unless you replace the headlight housings, is to add some fog/spot lights in the bumper, they are cheap and will give all the light you need

· Registered
450 Posts
Guy
I agree with the other guys, higher wattage bulbs will not gain much, that beling said I got some "princess auto" (my fav store!) 9004 bulbs that were 2 for 10$ and they were 80W low and 100W high beam, standard wattage is 45-60, They are definitely brighter, but if they cost 80$ they still would not be worth it.
I installed two 50watt spots from PA (4$ each) and angled them down (have not been flashed by other and they blow the stock bulbs out of the water, even with the after market headlight assys I have. then I have two 100w spots wired to a floor switch for hibeam, and they light up the road for at leat 500plus meters, deer and wildlife dont stand a chance, they were 24$ for 2, on sale they were 14$.

My advice unless you replace the headlight housings, is to add some fog/spot lights in the bumper, they are cheap and will give all the light you need
:agree2:an extra set of fog lights/or another light source is nice. i got a warning from the sheriffs becase i was using them on the highway. i do switch them off when high beam is off. but he seen then and their for offraod use only. Thats all he had to say. so maby watch it if your going to be using spotlights. (sherrif could have been out of donuts that day so he was moody:rof)

· Registered
303 Posts
I picked up some Tru-Vu bulbs from Napa and they are a little brighter then stock, but nothing crazy. I think they were $38 for 2 IIRC.

· Banned
1,009 Posts
I had the 10 dollar P/A bulbs. They were much brighter for about 2 days. Then I was having problems with the lights coming on. One would come on then I would have to flicker the high beams to get the other one to come on and it got worse from there, eventually the wife called me one day in a very good mood saying she has no headlights. I would say they were in the truck for about 2 weeks. I went and bought the crappy tire ones after that with no problems. I still have the cheap P/A ones in the fog lights with no problems.

· Registered
5,648 Posts
Bill I had the same issue the first set I bought (long time ago) turns out I had installed 9007 (I think it was) instead of the 9004, I've had PA's lights in there for about a yr, no issues to date (Knock on wood) they were cheap at 10$ or two, I do carry a spare set in the glove box as well

· Registered
577 Posts
gotta be carefull of the higher watt ones. they melted my lenze from the inside, so when i got my HID;s i had to replace them. HID best bang for the buck.. way way brighter, and im going on 3 years with same bulbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.