Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 08 quad cab short bed laramie 2500 in white that i'm thinking about selling. It has navigation, leather seats, 4x4 basicly every option from factory except sunroof. Aftermarket i have 5" straight pipe into 7" stacks with badp module, also chrome door and tailgate handle covers. I am not trying to sell the truck as of right now as i would have posted in the classified section, i just want to know what u guys think i will get out of the truck. btw it has 8000 miles and i paid $52,500 only 3 months ago

·
Registered
116 Posts
Man thet is gonna hurt if you sell....

·
Registered
265 Posts
trade in? maybe $30000. it sucks how much they drop in value.. and u would have to put the stock exhaust back on 4sure. they wont even take it in.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The money you would loose on it would buy a hell of a lot of diesel, even at 5 bucks a gallon. If you got 35,000 for it that's a 17,500 dollar hit. That's 3500 gallons of fuel at 5 bucks a gallon.

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Just keep it, b/c there's more new mods coming out everyday!

If it's paid for...I'd keep it!!!

If not...take Larry The Cable Guy's words of wisdom...

"I believe...sometimes you gotta wreck the truck...to make the payment."

Of course, if you got really good insurance...it could have a teeny-tiny almost microscopic exposed hot-wire...that caused an "electrical fire"...and you could get your money back.

However...I'm NOT suggesting anything...wink, wink.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would say its worth about $259.37...do you except pay-pal? Just kidding, sounds like a killer truck. Check comparable valued trucks on Autotrader.

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
i have a 08 quad cab short bed laramie 2500 in white that i'm thinking about selling. It has navigation, leather seats, 4x4 basicly every option from factory except sunroof. Aftermarket i have 5" straight pipe into 7" stacks with badp module, also chrome door and tailgate handle covers. I am not trying to sell the truck as of right now as i would have posted in the classified section, i just want to know what u guys think i will get out of the truck. btw it has 8000 miles and i paid $52,500 only 3 months ago
My god what was the sticker if you paid that much for it????:rof:rof:rof

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Dude! That's insulting to the man!

I'll give you $500 cash, now!!!!

I'll even come pick it up (free of charge), and I'll even throw-in a FREE '96 F-250 7.3 PowerStroke 5-spd. 4x4, with a mere, 270,000 miles (just gettin broke-in)!!!!!

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

I'mmmmm....................................... serious!!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol i know i would be taking a hit but gas is killing me, plus i've seen a 600 rwhp lightning i've got my eye on. I know there are more mods coming out for these things but its hard to even afford a programmer in my situation hence the reason i don't have one. If i get $35,000 i would be semi happy.
pics in gallery

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
You think that lightning will be any cheaper to drive? 8 MPG doesn't seem like a deal to me :D

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
Oh and we will demand you change your nick to Cummins4life_unless_something_else_comes_along :D :D :D

·
Registered
209 Posts
idk man your prolly not gonna get much, people arent buyin diesels right now. but if you dont need it theres no sense of goin bankrupt tryin to keep it me on the other hand, has already paid for its self, i sold my gasser farm truck becuase at sub 10s pullin our trailers it wasnt worth it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
You're gunna have to put your DPF back on, I sure wouldn't buy a truck with a check engine light! There aint a dealer in the country that would take it.

·
Registered
721 Posts
:hyper:Keep it:hyper:

·
Unreconstructed
6,320 Posts
Yeah, I'm with RAM3500, and ATC, on this one...

Agree with RAM3500...you'd have to change your name!!! Otherwise, that would just be misleading, and a lie...especially if you get that "DORF: Thunder"...or was that the "FROD: Barely-Any-Static-Electricity"???

I can't remember what it's called...

...But I know I rolled one up, and smoked his a$$ like a joint, one time in my '96 F-250 PowerChoke 5-spd. 4x4, w/ 37" tires!!!

He, couldn't even see his lane, much less the red-light, from my "black-cloud"!!!

Hahahaha!!!!

***And agree with ATC...

...Just keep it!!! Why not???

ALSO...like national777 said: You HAVE to run super-unleaded (91-Octane...minimum!!! I'd reccomend 93.5, or higher to keep your valves and pistons cleaner.), for it to run right...and that crap costs almost as much as diesel does!!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
52000? Wow thats alot, I was looking at a 2500 for a few grand under 40k, it wasn't fully loaded but it was more loaded than the mega I got. Like most have already said, the lightning isn't going to be any cheaper to drive, I think it would cost more(its a ford, its going to break).

·
Registered
285 Posts
I got my 05 Laramie last year, Loaded except Nav. and a sunroof. It even has suade inserts in the leather, nice.... I think the sticker was $48k and some change. It only had 14000 miles on it and I picked it up for $29500. You WILL lose lots-O-money.:$: Like everyone before me said, especcially if you get that there Ford. Besides Diesel fuel is going to come down right? :pray: I mean it has to. Right? :(

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
lol i know i would be taking a hit but GAS is killing me, plus i've seen a 600 rwhp lightning i've got my eye on. I know there are more mods coming out for these things but its hard to even afford a programmer in my situation hence the reason i don't have one. If i get $35,000 i would be semi happy.
pics in gallery
Gas is killing the truck :thud::$:

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
How ever you look at you are going to take a huge hit on it. My guess you might get 30k for it. If you are lucky. I have already seen guys on here that have paid high 30k's for there truck and only get offered 18 ro 19k for it. it was only a few months old.

Since you are going to take a huge hit on it. you might as well spend the 10k dollars from IPD and turn your truck into a 5.9 ECM and have 600hp at the wheels. not only that Shawn said that you should she around 22 mgp on the highway with that kit.

That kit has everything, ECM, wiring harness, Turbo, Manifold, Cam, Exhaust, and a bunch of other stuff.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts