Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm new to this forum and just looking for some information on what I'm really working with.

2007 Dodge 2500 quad cab, 4x4, short bed, Automatic transmission, 5.9 cummins with Bully Dog Power Pup Programmer, ATS Intake Manifold Kit, ATS 3000 Turbo, Boost Fooler, K&N Air Filter, ATS Billet Torque Converter, Heavy Duty Flex Plate, I think 5" exhaust with Delete Pipe. Could anyone give me a round about figure of my Horsepower and Torque...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump...bump

·
Registered
226 Posts
depending on what setting yuo have that BD on i would sy anywhere from 375-425

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I normally keep it on Performance mode but every once in a while I put it on Extreme mode and the power is insane. It blows a huge cloud of black smoke..

I'm working right now so I'm not sure what the model Number is at this time.

·
Registered
310 Posts
black smoke doesn't necessarily mean power. it just means your not burning all your fuel and need more air...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the Power Pup Programmer. I tried looking it up on the website but it doesn't say too much about it and if it was discontinued or not. I know in a 07 with a 5.9 cummins runs about 305 horsepower and like 600 lb/ft of torque. Just curious what I running with all my upgrades...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bully Dog Power Pup 42573 is the programmer i have. It's says that it will increase 140 horsepower and 250 Lb/ft of torque...The ATS 3000 turbo says it can increase about +30 horsepower...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cowboy did your boost fooler help the bully dog? and which boost fooler are you running I am having issues with my power pup stuttering on heavy or even moderate throttle im thinking maybe it doesn't have a built in boost fooler

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ditch the bully dog and get EFILive!! Or at least a smarty. I think you would be much more satisfied with either of those two. Especially the EFILive from what im hearing...

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know i been wanting one for awhile im starting to build a house in a month and really shouldnt be spending more money on the truck lol but i do plan on getting a smarty tnt i think

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts
With guestamating HP you can add all the increases up and say that's what you have. A bigger Turbo won't bet you any gains unless you are adding more fuel to increased air.

·
Premium Member
7,078 Posts
^^^ agreed. I went form the stocker to a 62 and only picked up 12hp with no other changes and most of that could be from better air, hard to tell.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well with my Smarty and similar mods I made a best of 450hp and 900tq. That was making several pulls and trying alot of different settings on the Smarty. Most tunes were around 425hp from what I remember.

·
Registered
10 Posts
get an edge juice with attitude. it did wonders to my 07' 5.9L

·
Registered
449 Posts
forget that get the 2.4d tune on the bully dog with crazy larry, there is a trend on here about how to do it i think. it will save you money and run something like a smarty will give or take a few hp. there are people that say 2.4.d crazy larry is the meanest tune out there(other than efi live) and I read guys have made high 400hp number with this tune on a stock turbo. just my two pennies I had 2.4d crazy larry on the 04.5 and sold it to get ready for efi live by the way. also every truck responds a bit different to evey tune from what i hear.

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,153 Posts
Crazy larry 2.4d was weaker than my edge juice hot unlock... I got the tune from KMKdiesel and this was about 3 years ago. I have since went with smarty TNT and DAYUMMM it was a helluva lot stronger..bottom line different tuners work differently on trucks. I tried Scary Larry and it kept going into limp mode and it had serious tq management. You couldn't drive a manual on the streets with Scary Larry!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts