Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my SB DD 3250 sitting in our shop for awhile now and have not had time to install it myself and the next 2 months aren't looking good either. I've been thinking about having one of the local shops do it and was wondering what I'm going to be looking at for cost. One shop was way too high($90/hr X 8hr.) but that's because I didn't get the clutch through them, which they were higher on the clutch itself too. So what is a fair price, and how many labor hours? Thanks guys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
being a 4x4 i would guess 4 or 5 hours of labor at most shops, most shops here charge 75 to 80 bucks a hour so about 400.00, maybe a little more if they have to install the heavy duty slave cyl

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had my 3250 installed at a local diesel shop shout out to Lloyd @ "Mid-Atlantic Diesel". He charged $350 for the install including the hydraulic upgrade. He also found my rear seal to be leaking and charged an additional $60 to replace that while he was in there. I love how the clutch puts the power to the road but the rattle noise sucks!

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would totally be happy with $350. Now if I can just find someone to do it. What was the hourly rate of the shop and did you get the clutch through them?

·
Banned
560 Posts
$350-$400 is about average.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I would totally be happy with $350. Now if I can just find someone to do it. What was the hourly rate of the shop and did you get the clutch through them?
I have no clue the hourly rate... I was just calling around to shops and asking a price to have it installed. I got prices up to $850.00! When this shop said $350 and he said he had installed several DD clutches including 1 in his own truck. I said SOLD.:party018:
I got the clutch from coaltraindiesel.com (Thanks Richard) in January when SB was running the $300.00 off special.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
it only take one day but it does suck. i wish i would have been able to find a shop at that cost but everyone wanted about 700 plus. so i did it myself and i am glad that i did because it makes me feel good knowing i intalled it myself. what a big ba$tard that tranny is tho

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
How far into NW Missouri are you?? My brother runs a diesel shop south of KC and has installed several DD's... I don't know his rates(I'm on the family discount and I do half the work whenever we wrench on my rig) but could get you his contact info if interested.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm about 120 miles north or KC but for a good deal it might be worth it. Go ahead and PM me the info and I'll give em a buzz. Thanks man.

·
CF Administration
8,844 Posts
bring it to idaho and Ill help you change it out got a keg left from the weekend so no need to bring the beer lol anything under $450 I would let that shop do it

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bring it to idaho and Ill help you change it out got a keg left from the weekend so no need to bring the beer lol anything under $450 I would let that shop do it
If I could get to Idaho and back for $450 I'd be there.:thumbsup: You'd be outta beer by the time I left though :hehe:

·
Registered
740 Posts
it was 400 for mine and you will prolly have to get upgraded hydro's it only took 2 months for mine togo after i got the clutch. the hydro is a pretty simple install

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it was 400 for mine and you will prolly have to get upgraded hydro's it only took 2 months for mine togo after i got the clutch. the hydro is a pretty simple install
Which model are you running? With the 3250, if I remember right, the hydro upgrade is recommended with the G56 but not necessary with the NV5600. Peter said I wouldn't need it so I am taking his word on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts