Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how much it would cost to get, EGT, Turbo boost, and what other gauge should I get? Trans temp or Pyro?

Its for performance wise not pulling.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, should be able to be done in under 4-5 hrs... whats your shop rate?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hmmm.... man if you were from Houston I would do it for $100 its not hard... just takes basic wiring skills and the tools to drill and tap the manifold.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hell ya I am from Houston HA! WOOT! Just give me your number, and in time when I do get the opportunity I will call you up. Hopefully youre not some serial killer! Lol

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well actually I am in galveston county what about you?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ha no, not a serial killer... I'm in Missouri city on the southwest side. I did my autometers with the boost and pyro... I've got a standard so I don't have trans temp so I haven't dealt with that. I'll send you a message with my number.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't really too often... Lol I have actually never driven up there myself. The gauges I want, the website offers a complete installation guide, not pics but a guide. Its Glowshift. I am probably gonna get them here in the next month well I want to, just have someone nagging in my ear about how I need to save money incase something breaks. Lol...

80 Cummins, I am in league city/kemah

·
Registered
876 Posts
If you have any mechanical knowledge and a couple friends with similar or better automotive levels, do it yourself and save the money for something else.

edit, VERY slow response on my part, $100 isn't a bad price if you don't have local friends willing to help out on the install.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I would be willing to pay him that easy. I just dont have much mechanical knowledge myself.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I usally charge 125 for tripple guage cluster installs.. That is everything soldered, i mean everything.. No crimp connectors for me!!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am all for people paying to have stuff done, but on the other side of the fence, your mechanical knowledge will never increase without you taking the time to do it yourself....especially when it comes with destruction paperwork to hold your hand. Good luck, not trying to be mean, just stating.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I am all for people paying to have stuff done, but on the other side of the fence, your mechanical knowledge will never increase without you taking the time to do it yourself....especially when it comes with destruction paperwork to hold your hand. Good luck, not trying to be mean, just stating.
Bingo. I used to pay for my stuff now i do it all i did my first turbo swap the other week by myself. Me and a buddy did my gauges in about 2 hrs this included beer tho lol so we werent in a hurry

·
Registered
288 Posts
Thats what I am talking bout right there. Good times, good beer, and learning about a Cummins.

Reactions: Rangel

·
Registered
178 Posts
I did my 2nd gen gauges and I think me and my buddy should've started working before drinkin. Took way to long and I dropped my boost gauge..... then crimped the plastic line! All well lesson learned.... More work less Busch Light

·
Registered
825 Posts
I usally charge 125 for tripple guage cluster installs.. That is everything soldered, i mean everything.. No crimp connectors for me!!
I bet you like everything soldered????....Most folks are "Ok" with a crimp..LOL!!..:rof:hehe::spank:

·
Piggy Piggy
3,423 Posts
Thats what I am talking bout right there. Good times, good beer, and learning about a Cummins.

:thumbsup::agree2: When you got people willing to teach you stuff you better learn/watch/help while you can..I never thought I would put a set of injectors in a diesel truck but with a little help from you guys and some write ups on here it was cake..One thing I wont do is my trans :hehe:

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
You say that now wvcummer... But when me and my buddy installed mine it wasn't that bad at all.. Came together pretty nicely with few problems that were an easy fix.

To the OP.. I had my pyro, boost, trans done for around $400. I will NEVER let someone screw me like that again.. I would rather take 10hrs to get it done right than spend that much money. But I will say they look great and no problems out of them. :)
I plan on doin my fuel and rail by myself tho.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
You say that now wvcummer... But when me and my buddy installed mine it wasn't that bad at all.. Came together pretty nicely with few problems that were an easy fix.

To the OP.. I had my pyro, boost, trans done for around $400. I will NEVER let someone screw me like that again.. I would rather take 10hrs to get it done right than spend that much money. But I will say they look great and no problems out of them. :)
I plan on doin my fuel and rail by myself tho.
super easy.. i have an extra banjo bolt and extra gaskets if you want em, i always buy a few extra gaskets and such when i do something...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts