Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is in getting an injector replaced under warranty and they want $140 to change the filter (labor and part). Seems excessive since the filter is $20 at napa and $31 at the dealer. $100 for labor??

Problem is they are right it should get a new filter with a new injector but I am CHEAP. I am thinking of changing the filter when I get there in the parking lot next door:lol3:.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
$140 holy cow... its like a 5 min job!!! I changed mine in the auto zone parking lot one time cuz truck was running bad on a trip.....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I do too. $15-20 for the filter ($11 mail order) and change. But they want to do it since they are putting in a new injector.

·
Registered
124 Posts
fuel filter

Dont pay them. you can do it youreself with a wrench. thats all you need. Drain the box, remove cap and replace filter and o ring, reinstall cap and close drain valve its that easy

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
I would never pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Just to be smart about it, I would do it in their parking lot, then go back in and ask them why they wanted that much money for a five minute job.

·
Registered
374 Posts
my buddies @ valavoline change mine for free w/ an oil change..have you checked your diff fluids lately.? (not a valv plug)

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
:thud::thud::thud: WOW. I change my fuel filter every 5-7500 miles and it costs me about 12 per....

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
See if you can buy the filter from them and do it yourself right in the shop while they're doing their thing...that way they can't charge you the labor for something that's TOO easy to do!

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
as a btw I buy the 6 micron fuel filters from cummins south plains and it's no 30 bux

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd push my truck out the service bay and change the filter in the parking lot before I'd pay that much for a filter change.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
My dealer got me for $90 a couple times. Last change I did myself. I got he Baldwin 5 micron filter for $15 and did it myself.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yeah, it's like $14 at Cummins South Plains. Oil filters are cheap as well. I buy them each 3 at a time.

Pete

·
Registered
365 Posts
we bought a mini cooper a while ago to combat the fuel prices, they only charged us for the part and installed it free, i was amazed how cheap they were for everything, and always vacuumed and washed when it leaves, that never happens at a dodge dealer.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Did it myself up the road, oops left a little puddle.

Where are you guys getting 5 micron's from (mail order)?

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Did it myself up the road, oops left a little puddle.

Where are you guys getting 5 micron's from (mail order)?
They are the Baldwin PF7977 I get mine from Associated Diesel Inc. in Boston, MA Google them you'll find their site.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts