Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
But get into a Accident and your insurance won't do any good they would throw the book at you for being over weight with the load .:S::S::S::party018:
Oh no it's just for the damage to the equipment that sometimes occurs.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
But that's the thing .if you tell them 1 vehicle and you haul another and get into a accident .that insurance won't cover it .because the first thing they will do is get a weight on trailer and if it's over it will be on Your Dime .

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Silverado, great deal.. did you do the conversion yourself? Did you have a donor or buy everything? I want to convert my 93 to manual but I don't have the tools, skills or time to do it. Everyone I talk to (shops) makes it sound like the world's biggest project, and of course the most expensive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got mine from a friend of the wife's family, their son was original owner and passed away. 178k on it when I bought it. Needed paint, TPS, brakes, battery, and TLC. Got it for $3500. Put a flat bed on it and had it painted. Did all the previously mentioned, plus fuel pin, spring, valves adjusted, 12cm2 non-wastegated turbine housing, killer dowel pin, 4" turbo back exhaust, cold air intake with BHAF, 50 hp marine injectors.. now it's in the shop having the injection pump rebuilt and a new lift pump. I don't want to add up how much I've spent but I'm into it. AND, the tranny is getting soft, so planning that in the future. Really want to convert to a manual but seems it's going to cost a fortune.

Oh, also did the instrument panel clean up with LED lights.

I absolutely love this truck so that's why I won't sell and look for a manual. We're stuck now. So I will probably spend the money to do it.

BTW, some real nice trucks in this thread. Thanks for all the shares!

0106f6278cf3c933a7c09a2802a39ef86fb5061eb2_zps2tvljtkq.jpg Photo by gone_ropin | Photobucket

01104484863287ff4b1c6121498e444f18d896ba47_zpsungk4ims.jpg Photo by gone_ropin | Photobucket

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just bought this 1990 W250 4x4, 5-sp unknown miles for $650. I was told the IP was recently rebuilt and shortly thereafter started blowing LOTS of white smoke and it has no power. The interior is in poor shape, and the brakes are barely working. I am 90% sure the IP was not put in and seated fully, and the key slipped causing the timing to be VERY retarded. I have a new key on order and will try pulling the pump to check in the next few weeks. I was able to drive it slowly home.

As an unpaid member, I can't post more pictures, but they are in this thread: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/89-93-powertrain/2025170-new-me-1990-w250-smoking-like-train.html

http://s1243.photobucket.com/user/stupidassle/embed/slideshow/1990 Dodge

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought my 89 W250 for $1800 in 2008. It had 64k original miles and was bodily wasted. Bought new by a machine shop and sat it their lot for years with the snowplow on it.

I got my 89 D350 14' stake last Dec for $400. Has 300k on it 95% rust free and a 93 engine. I had to finish hooking up the engine and buy a rad.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I paid 10,500 about a month ago for this one. It's a 93 W250 LE, Getrag 5 speed, 225,000 miles and was set up all original when I bought her. Since I've had her I've built and installed a rear bench seat, swapped out factory wheels for Moto Metal 951's, 4" exhaust, tuned the pump, plasti dipped the side mirrors black(temporary solution to hide some rust on the arms), added a leaf under the front to level the stance a little bit, and BHAF and cover should be here in the next 5-7 days. As far as I'm concerned she's worth every penny. I've had first, second and third gens and these are by far my favorite trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
482 Posts
I picked this up for either $8500 or $9500 (forgot the exact price over the years) in 2009, 1993 W350 automatic with 69k miles, completely bone stock and untouched/molested back when I lived in Northern California.

It survived my jackass smoke-blowing high schooler phase, thank goodness

Been through quite a few changes, 2 transmissions, countless hours of learning and fixing self inflicted mistakes

But I've finally got things all set up to where I'm content with it. Tune is spot on, steering and suspension is about as good as I'll ever have it, and it has been retired to weekend cruiser duty. Might just be an old Dodge, but having this truck and working on it with my father has really helped to shape me into who I am today, and for that reason, it is priceless to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked my intercooled '91 d250 up for 4,000 with 115,xxx. Truck was bone stock and untouched and I purchased from the original owner in central California

·
Registered
33 Posts
Paid $3,000 for mine 3 or 4 years ago. About 180k miles. 91.5 D250 5 speed. This is how he looks now about to put in compounds. Hopefully picking up a '92 W250 extended cab 5 speed on Friday.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
Paid 4500 92 w250 138k needed a couple gaskets, tires and brake work. It was 100 percent stock on the motor but not anymore!!!! Next I want to beef the a518.

Dodge Photo by trumanjason | Photobucket

Sorry the pictures kinda suck its all I could get for now.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
I just picked up my 93 w250 w/5spd, rickson 19.5's and 62k on the clock for 4500.
Good for you!!!! Club cabs around here fetch a premium, I paid 8500 for the truck in my signature, much more miles than you and an automatic but I'm still happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
$7,700. Old boy(84) cried tears, said it was the best truck he's ever owned. I'm the 2nd owner.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I just picked up my 93 w250 w/5spd, rickson 19.5's and 62k on the clock for 4500.

seriously only had 62k miles on it?? That's a damn good buy!

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
$7,700. Old boy(84) cried tears, said it was the best truck he's ever owned. I'm the 2nd owner.
Yea the guy I got my truck from was pretty upset but he used the money to expand his general contractors business, I still have his number he made me promise he would be my first call if I ever sell it.... very doubtful that will ever happen!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My neighbor ordered it from the factory, put a cabover on it the day he got it, and never took it off until he sold it to me. It has the cleanest bed I've ever seen.

·
Registered
450 Posts
89 W350 1600$
I purchased a 89 W350 dually flatbed dump with a little over 200k on the motor. Motor runs great . New VE pump . The 727 is a rebuild with 32k on it. Frame was coated with protector when new . The dash was ok and motor was ok besides that it was ruff. 1600$ Purchased a mint cab power everything 300$.
To truly be a daily driven truck I trust it will have to be put on the lift body removed every bushing seal and gasket will need to be replaced. All the fusible links under the hood will have to be gone through.Lines changed . It was an old work truck . I think I may try to find an original bed for it. Any one has one in the NE pm me .

161 - 179 of 179 Posts