Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
It all started out because my full custom 70 Chevy SWB truck was too small for my wife, 7yr old son and my self on long drives. Fun as heck but tight. So I started looking to see what CTD were selling for, for several months and after about 2yrs I got the $20k I was asking for the Chevy. A week later I was checking Craig's list at night and about 9pm this 93 Ext d250 5spd, 1 owner 217k truck came up for sale. Could not call till Friday afternoon. He already had one guy come look at it and had 2 more set up for Saturday starting at 9am. So what does a guy do, well you meet him at 5:30am (he is a retired contractor and still does the 4:30 wake up) and drive it home at 6am for $5,500.
Since then I had to rebuild the front end, new tires and then start playing with it by adding a THD fuel pin, spring, P-pump, pump tune, 4" diamond eye, 3 gauge pillar pod, 2nd gen power tow mirrors and split seat. Love this truck, bought it intending to do a crew cab dually. Still heading that direction!
100% rust free Cali truck!!

Kevin
LFD

·
Registered
162 Posts
I paid 10k for my D250 club cab....in 1999. It had 147k miles, and was in really good condition. My only regret is that I didn't get a 4x4.:spank:

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
So Convert it too 4x4 Piece of Cake .!!!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Got mine in November of 2013 with 104k, 4x4 club cab 5spd LE for $5000. No rust, some dents and scratches but still looks good and everything works except the A/C. Got it from an old british lady that used it to haul horses all around california. The day I picked her up.

·
Mountain Man Customs
2,498 Posts

Got this one (2 tone on the trailer) for free!

No engine or 5spd though, and 2wd. Sold it for $1000 after pretending I was gonna do something with it for a few months. It was a REALLY nice truck. The guy who bought it has already put the body on a 4x4 frame with a fresh 12v, lift, etc.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It has been gifted to me from my cousins.
My uncle had to many "toys", he would laugh and tell you can't have many toys.LOL. But after they got the estate settled down, no one really thought this old rig had much life in it, and they were talking about just giving it away. I remember them talking about getting it towed, cause it probably didn't even run.

"Ummmm, if yall are ok with keeping it in the family, let me know what you want, I will take it." So my cousins emailed my wife, and got approval for them to give me this old thing.

About 9 months later, I reached out to this group for some advice, my dad and I went to fire it up, and brought her home.

I still miss Uncle Bill, but the entire family is enjoying the fact that a piece of him is still going to be roamin the Texas Highways for many more years to come.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It has been gifted to me from my cousins.
My uncle had to many "toys", he would laugh and tell you can't have many toys.LOL. But after they got the estate settled down, no one really thought this old rig had much life in it, and they were talking about just giving it away. I remember them talking about getting it towed, cause it probably didn't even run.

"Ummmm, if yall are ok with keeping it in the family, let me know what you want, I will take it." So my cousins emailed my wife, and got approval for them to give me this old thing.

About 9 months later, I reached out to this group for some advice, my dad and I went to fire it up, and brought her home.

I still miss Uncle Bill, but the entire family is enjoying the fact that a piece of him is still going to be roamin the Texas Highways for many more years to come.
I thought living in Texas and driving a first gen, I was living the dream.
You must be living right to have one gifted to you:thumbsup:

·
Registered
81 Posts
I thought living in Texas and driving a first gen, I was living the dream.
You must be living right to have one gifted to you
[/QUOTE]

Thanks John. Let me assure you, I am truly blessed.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
after shopping solid for a week spanning from Arizona to Kansas I moved on this W350 SRW for $2200. Had a blown up rear end and bent leafs all the way around. Luckily, I keep several spare parts. Redoing the interior back to stock... Originally had nasty 2nd gen seat.

On the plus, the truck is already equipped with an NV4500 and exhaust system

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
after shopping solid for a week spanning from Arizona to Kansas I moved on this W350 SRW for $2200.
They let you take that on the uhaul? They told me my C20 was too wide and wouldn't fit on there. Wouldn't let me rent the darn thing. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Bet he didn't tell them what he was Hauling lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
What are you putting on the trailer?

"First gen do..., Mazda Miata......, yeah, miata."

No problem, tow safe.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'd love to have one of those U-Haul trailers. I don't think they sell them after they've had them a while, though.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
They let you take that on the uhaul? They told me my C20 was too wide and wouldn't fit on there. Wouldn't let me rent the darn thing. :thumbsdown:
Bet he didn't tell them what he was Hauling lol
What are you putting on the trailer?

"First gen do..., Mazda Miata......, yeah, miata."

No problem, tow safe.
I always say I'm towing a 2wd ford ranger :hehe:. I've even towed a club cab with one of these trailers:banghead: had the load ramps partially extended to keep the rear tires off the ground. As much as I miss my car hauler, it's tough to beat $54(for 24hrs)and $8 insurance and new tires every time... which is less than the price of a single blowout.

·
First Generation Moderator
2,224 Posts
the 1990 was free. Missing a few items. Needed a battery. The rear differential was scrap.

Daily driver for me. 366+K miles now.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
I always say I'm towing a 2wd ford ranger :hehe:. I've even towed a club cab with one of these trailers:banghead: had the load ramps partially extended to keep the rear tires off the ground. As much as I miss my car hauler, it's tough to beat $54(for 24hrs)and $8 insurance and new tires every time... which is less than the price of a single blowout.
But get into a Accident and your insurance won't do any good they would throw the book at you for being over weight with the load .:S::S::S::party018:

141 - 160 of 179 Posts