Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

81 - 100 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Paid $3500 for 77 Dodge warlock stepside. Then paid $3000 for 89 Cummins. So far I'd like to say I'm into it $7000. I'd post a pic but it won't let me c

89 non i/c stock except 4 in exhaust and stacks. In a 77 dodge warlock stepside.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Reactions: Wolf_1993 12v

·
Registered
5 Posts
Paid 4700

For a 93 dually regular cab 4x4 with 190000km been in ontario it's whole life and never seen winter paints faded but will be repainted factory colour zero rust

·
Registered
208 Posts
Got a 1993 W250 single cab with 189k just a couple months ago for $6k. It is good condition only a few areas where there's bad paint. It is an automatic and I got I with a rebuilt tranny, new injectors, new starter, new head gasket, and a new battery. Woks great for me but right now I've got a leak in the boost tube so I've gotta fix that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
102 Posts
Clean truck but you sure it's not a 91 ? or did somebody swap a Non IC motor into truck
Ya the PO told me that a timing case bolt came loose and fell into the timing gears not the kdp but a timing case bolt so ya its been swapped. I'm pretty sure it's a non in because on the timing case it says meets California 1990 emissions laws. He said for all the damage it caused his friend had the in the truck now for cheaper then to rebuild the original motor. And another reason I'm pretty sure it's a non ic is because it runs away when I turned up the pump and I've read that ic trucks don't run away and you have to extend the fuel screw.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Ya the PO told me that a timing case bolt came loose and fell into the timing gears not the kdp but a timing case bolt so ya its been swapped. I'm pretty sure it's a non in because on the timing case it says meets California 1990 emissions laws. He said for all the damage it caused his friend had the in the truck now for cheaper then to rebuild the original motor. And another reason I'm pretty sure it's a non ic is because it runs away when I turned up the pump and I've read that ic trucks don't run away and you have to extend the fuel screw.
You can tell immediately from a glance if it's IC or non-IC. The intake elbow on a non-IC engine will run directly from the turbo, over the #2 or #3 (I can't remember which) valve cover, and into the intake manifold on the head. The intake elbow on an IC engine will face forward and have a hose running to it from the radiator area, which would be from the intercooler.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
No Any truck will run away if you turn the fuel screw to far in it doesn't matter if it's IN or NIC the only difference is the Inner cooler and piping plus a few other thing's :S:

Reactions: Cummins Farm Boy

·
Registered
592 Posts
Paid 1300 for my 1993 exclb LE needed a door panel that I found locally for $20, had a brand new rebuilt II pump on it. Put skyjacker d200c front springs on it wheels and tires, an hx35 on it with a 4" diamond eye exhaust and a nice shiny tip and some glowshi** gauges in her happy as can be! Still needs fenders and a hood (po put 35's on it and mangled them)

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Nice find just picked up a truck same Color as that 1

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well from what I've read and I'm pretty sure rccummins said it to that for some reason the ic ones won't run away with out the extended fuel screw. I could be wrong as well I don't know it all but that's just the information I've gathered.
You can tell immediately from a glance if it's IC or non-IC. The intake elbow on a non-IC engine will run directly from the turbo, over the #2 or #3 (I can't remember which) valve cover, and into the intake manifold on the head. The intake elbow on an IC engine will face forward and have a hose running to it from the radiator area, which would be from the intercooler.
Don't you think if you had a ic truck and swapped a non ic motor into it you'd take the time to switch the intake plate off the ic motor so it would match up with the ic piping and use the ic that's already in the truck??

·
Registered
672 Posts
Paid 1300 for my 1993 exclb LE needed a door panel that I found locally for $20, had a brand new rebuilt II pump on it. Put skyjacker d200c front springs on it wheels and tires, an hx35 on it with a 4" diamond eye exhaust and a nice shiny tip and some glowshi** gauges in her happy as can be! Still needs fenders and a hood (po put 35's on it and mangled them)
I'd say you stole that truck. I like the color scheme.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I'd say you stole that truck. I like the color scheme.
Ya the kid I got it from needed cash for another project he was working on, felt kinda crappy doin the deal but she needs some serious love! Slowly but surely I'll get there! As for the color I'll block it all down and probably end up paintin it 3rd gen inferno red!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Man, there sure are some steals on here... Wish I could find a deal!

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I just paid 4 grand for mine.. See Sig... 225K, Un molested.
Needed a bed which I got from a TDR member for 400 bucks.

Had to have rear drums turned, but the pads looked new.

I put new inner seals in and properly installed the bearings and brakes via the FSM.

Could not get the Getrag drain plug out no matter what I tried. So, drained it out of a bottom PTO bolt and refilled it through a top bolt with royal purple 5w30, almost 5 qts.

Ordered front springs, 200c's. Need to replace pinion and transfer case seal. Will go through front end, KDP and bolts, 3300 spring then it goes for repaint...

These things sure are cool. And Now, I will have owned all 4 gens...

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm jealous if all the deals. I way over paid for mine and am still payin for it lol

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
reading all the great deals on this thread, i do feel i over paid a bit for mine, i let my heart buy it instead of my brain. I had been looking for about a year for the right truck. drove 600 miles to buy it. These things are like a needle in a haystack down here in florida.

paid $6,000 in march of 2014 for a '93 SCLB 250 4x4 w/ Getrag. 220K miles, new clutch, new tires, new brakes all the way around, straight exhaust. only rust is in the back corners of the bed floor. Interior is perfect, PO had truck dynamat'd and new carpet/headliner installed. It has about a 10 year old garage paint job. He owned the truck for 18 years, bought it from the original owner. Says it was never used for towing.

all i've done so far is borgeson shaft and aftermarket stereo/speakers. Future will be 1" front lift springs and bed floor rust/spray in liner.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
reading all the great deals on this thread, i do feel i over paid a bit for mine, i let my heart buy it instead of my brain. I had been looking for about a year for the right truck. drove 600 miles to buy it. These things are like a needle in a haystack down here in florida.

paid $6,000 in march of 2014 for a '93 SCLB 250 4x4 w/ Getrag. 220K miles, new clutch, new tires, new brakes all the way around, straight exhaust. only rust is in the back corners of the bed floor. Interior is perfect, PO had truck dynamat'd and new carpet/headliner installed. It has about a 10 year old garage paint job. He owned the truck for 18 years, bought it from the original owner. Says it was never used for towing.

all i've done so far is borgeson shaft and aftermarket stereo/speakers. Future will be 1" front lift springs and bed floor rust/spray in liner.
You didn't overpay a bit for that truck!

Reactions: W250dreamer

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

are you high!? That sounds like a sweet deal!

81 - 100 of 179 Posts