Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the title says it. I'm curious to see what you guys paid for your first gen, and when you got it. It would be nice to hear a little of the back story too. How many people bought them brand new? Pictures are VERY welcome! :drool2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
4800, didn't have it all in full so paid the remainder over a month. 1990 W250 regular cab, 150K I've known the orginal owner since I was 4 feet tall. Mechanically sound, body is rough. But considering I live in Indiana that's to be excepted from a 24 year old truck lol and she's older than me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
526 Posts
Paid 6000 for mine then another 2500 to have the cab redone. 93 club cab 5 speed 4x4. About 300k on the clock. I live in mass and the bed is junk so was the cab before it was fixed.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Paid 2800 Dollars

Turned it into this

·
Registered
92 Posts
93 W250 5sp 220k w/ new clutch. Paid $4k back in September 2013. AZ truck so no rust and straight body although it is basically primer grey. Front end needed attention. I probably have another $500 in it for replacement parts/PM and upgrades. Not quite like the old 05 but for 1/5th the cost I can deal with it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Paid 1900 for my d250 with 175k about 2 years ago.. Needed ball joints and tires, the wires were starting to show on the rears and the fronts weren't much better :banghead: Body is rough (it's a Wisconsin truck) but runs great and has never left me stranded. Only major problem I've had is the input shaft bearing going out. Probably my favorite truck to cruise in :D

Just picked up a w250 with 196k on new years day for 2400 knowing I'd need to pull the tranny to replace the flex plate or torque converter. Texas truck until 3 years ago so the body is pretty good except for a few dings and both front fenders have a rust hole on the bottom. Only needed brake work a couple little things but now needs a flex plate since i broke it the other day :doh:

Both trucks are 92s and have all the power options. Got both from buddies in need of cash so i may have paid a little more than what they're worth to make it a fair deal :beer: first gens are just plain fun! My d250 is pretty "characterized" but everyone calls it the caddy :cool: it's probably my favorite vehicle out of every one I've owned! Can't wait to get the w250 going again and start playing with that one too!

·
Registered
118 Posts
1992 W250 LE. Red and White, has all the Options, everything works, all gauges work, truck is all originol, straight body and no rust, $4000.00. Best trk I have ever owned, bought 6 months ago.has 200,000 on speedometer.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Paid 4,000 for it back in sep 2009 with 126k miles, drug a 25ft gooseneck 2100 miles to get it, it had a tinny bit of rust on one rocker, I just cleaned it up a bit and drove it for a few years before the dually conversion.

on the way back home.

after cleaned up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Wow, there are some nice ones on here so far...
Bought my 93 back on 12-24-98. Quite a Christmas present to myself... Had 84,126 miles on the clock, and so far I will be the big money spender for this thread... Ready for it??

$15,200

And am still happy I spent it to this day!!!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Let me tell ya.....a 100% rust free truck is almost worth what ever the cost is.

you can beat your head against a wall with rusty trucks...I have had them and they suck.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It was immaculate when I got it, had never even had a gooseneck ball or 5th wheel plate in the bed. Unfortunately now it is basically my dd/work pickup/mileage maker, and has the wonderful early 90's primer/paint peeling problem so it is in desperate need of a paint job. Someday...

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Paid 4,400 for my '92 back in 2006. Odo was broke when I got it but seller said it probably had approx 200k. It had a regular dually bed on it for a year or so then I had a hydraulic flat bed installed. Only bad rust on the truck was in the driver side rocker panel. I think there were a couple owners before I had it. I think it originated in Oklahoma or Kansas, then lived in Texas and then Arkansas. Then I bought it in Mo.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I picked mine up in the spring of 2012, it had a blown auto that barely made it on the trailer. Swapped in a getrag, replaced a siezed caliper, safety and etest and on the road! It had 401,000 kms when I got it for $400! Owner was just going to scrap it!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Gave $7k for a 92 d350 auto dually, no rust, with the fancy cm flatbed with all the chrome and led lights with about 172 on it at the time. Over the least 2-3 years replaced the air bags, tires and rims, complete front end rebuild with all shocks. Swapped on a free used VE pump due to leaks.
Gave $10 for a 93 w350, had to have it, guy wanted $12k, was auto, converted to 5 speed, sold bed and installed a cm flatbed, aux tank, front tires, radiator, had some rusty rockers replaced.
Gave $6k for a w250 from down in Harlingen, didn't inspect it well enough, got it home and found all the rust and just started parting it out. Scrapped the cab and bed.
Texas trucks ain't cheap.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Paid $2500.00 for this rough but rust free truck a couple years ago. Needed an injector pump and battery to get running. Hopefully will get back from body shop in few weeks

·
Registered
932 Posts
got my black 92 w150 for 3500 back in 2011
got my blue and silver 92 w150 for 900 in early 2013
got my 93 w250 for 9000 in late 2013

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Paid $5,000 for it. No rust 140,000 miles on it. After putting $2850 into it. New tires, had hood and roof painted ect.. Now have $7850 into her but well worth it.
First pic is they day I got her home. 2 nd pics is now..

·
Registered
74 Posts
5k flat here. It has all the rust removed by a body shop but a few in the floor of the bed.

Oh it had a fresh rebuilt 47 with a triple disc locking convert....interior still needs complete overhaul. I have done a battery, borgenson steering shaft, kdp, radiator, water pump, and belt. I drive it daily even with sub 0 temps here, even with a barely functioning interior...it is way more fun to drive than my 3rd gen...gets throw the snow better too even with no name ATs....oh probably well over 200k on it since odo is still broke.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Paid 8k for it back in `04 w/170k on the clock...it was still shiny :hehe:

9 someodd years and a mere 45k miles later I`d do it again in a heartbeat

Hands down the best vehicle (or should i say most favorite) I`ve ever had.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts