Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone kinda has an idea of how much hp i can run with my 5spd? 135km on it...anyone?

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
About this much! I__________________________________________________!
The problem is how agressive or brutal are you on it. Some people can tear an anvil up with a feather. Some people can make horseshoes on an anvil. Which are you?

· Registered
1,002 Posts
NV4500 is rated for 460ft/lbs of torque. However they have been able to handle over 600ft/lbs if not abused. Drag style launches, towing heavy in over drive, popping the clutch in third, etc will cause it to break much sooner. You can upgrade to a billet shaft to make it handle more.

· Registered
360 Posts
i absolutly beat the piss out of mine!!! been threw one stock 5speed that gernaded itself shortly after i bought it then upgraded to 1 3/8" input shaft and some sort of high grade gears that enterprise engine put in it, been in there for over 40k miles and i beat its a$$ everyday :headbang: still hasnt let go! knock on wood....

· Registered
1,158 Posts
but valair1 is not exactly your average bear, now is he

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.