Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hooked up my sunpro boost gauge today, went for a ride stood on it and got 15-18# is this about right?

mods are pump tweeked
smoke screw 1 1/2 turn
starwheel 1 turn
BHAF with stock air tube
Removed muffler

Denny T is in the mail along with 3200 spring

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do i need to get it up in say 25 30 range?

What turbo? or what mods?

My Denny T and 3200 spring ore in the mail

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
have you messed with the "fuel screw"?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes about 1 1/2 turns

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
the one on the back of the pump, with the metal cover and steel collar on it? you need to read about the signs of "runaway" then get turning that screw more... be careful when you go much more or your engines rpm can rev uncontrollably, hence "runaway".

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup i know all about it, I didnt have anyone around so i stoped there at 1 1/2 turns..I need to get it 3/4 from runaway. and will that get more boost?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
it will give you more fuel. that will result in boost increase.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whats the h1c max at?

·
Registered
455 Posts
i've heard anything above 25psi and all your doing is blowing hot air with a stock h1c.

·
Registered
916 Posts
yea i can feel the performance difference pulls harder if i can keep the boost below 28 30-35 doesn't seem to make that much difference other than noise :)

that denny-t will get you up there pretty good

·
First Generation Moderator
2,224 Posts
If I recall properly, I'd see 35-ish psi with the 21 back in my younger days (w/the 518 auto and OE convertor) You have to really have the pump working well at that psi. If it was a standard, it would be pushing 40+ psi as I have set one up the same for a friend which has the Getrag.

The 21 seems a bit laggy if you are driving along at 30-35 and hammer the throttle. The engine seems to load with fuel, but won't ignite it for several>>>>>>>>several seconds. You only notice that if you drive it like a race car, which I didn't/don't cuz it ain't. If you drive like you have some sense; you'll never know you have a laggn' turbo on your auto tranny truck.

·
2,224 Posts
If I recall properly, I'd see 35-ish psi with the 21 back in my younger days (w/the 518 auto and OE convertor) You have to really have the pump working well at that psi. If it was a standard, it would be pushing 40+ psi as I have set one up the same for a friend which has the Getrag.

The 21 seems a bit laggy if you are driving along at 30-35 and hammer the throttle. The engine seems to load with fuel, but won't ignite it for several>>>>>>>>several seconds. You only notice that if you drive it like a race car, which I didn't/don't cuz it ain't. If you drive like you have some sense; you'll never know you have a laggn' turbo on your auto tranny truck.

·
2,224 Posts

·
2,224 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts