Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious how many miles some of you guys have and what problems you might encounter the more miles you put on

thanks

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
Well, I got 175k on the ticker and its being built up for a super street puller! About the only thing I have had go out.....Crankshaft position sensor. Not a big deal, just took me a while to figure it out!

·
Registered
352 Posts
almost 200,000 on my 99, still works great

·
Retired Engineer
557 Posts
I have 127,000 Km on a stock 2007 6.7 runs great.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Tranny at 100k and a vp44 at 140k. Now at 177k and everything is fine.

·
Registered
838 Posts
on my old '99 at 108k clutch (tst powermax, straight pipe, CAI) and at about 138k, i think i was loosing the powersteering pump and possibly the vp44. had to trade it off before i found out.

On my 07.5 6.7, 27k powersteering pump, and at about 33k, all of the emissions stuff fell off onto my picnic table... :w:

·
Registered
2,796 Posts

3 trannies and within the last week a leak in the a/c system

·
Registered
205 Posts
At 100 k miles, I have replaced 5 track bars, 2 sets of ball joints, 2 sets of tie rods, 1-6 speed trans, 1 clutch, 1 PS pump, 1 turbo, 2 VP-44s, 2 stock lift pumps then the Air Dog, 1 axle seal, 1 crank seal, 1 rear main seal, 2 intermediate steering shafts, installed a stearing shaft bushing to replace that stupid spring the factory put around the shaft, and a parking brake leaver. Thats not including the regular maintenance stuff like brakes, filters, and fluids. My A/C needs a pound of 134 every spring but it cools well. (WHY do I love this truck?)

·
Registered
102 Posts
my dads 03 tranny at 10k and ps hose at 95k now at 115k everything is still fine

·
Registered
12 Posts
My first post! My '97 has 258,000--I've replaced an a/c condensor, alternator, and I'm about to replace my crankshaft position sensor--anyone know where to get one?
Thanks!
Paul

·
Registered
833 Posts
48 K and all is perfect!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i have 'bout 90,000mile on her and the only real problem i 've had is spending to much dam money on upgrades when it should be going into racing my gsxr1000.:thumbsup(tires and parts)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I got about 400,000 on mine, and anything that could break has... Except the engine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
my 1st 97 12 valve 5spd ext cab 2wd 3500 had 280k on it and had the same mods as my 2500 now and alls i had to replace was clutches lcause i kept slippin em to this day the only thing that has gone wrong w/ it is the main seals needed replaced

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
At 100 k miles, I have replaced 5 track bars, 2 sets of ball joints, 2 sets of tie rods, 1-6 speed trans, 1 clutch, 1 PS pump, 1 turbo, 2 VP-44s, 2 stock lift pumps then the Air Dog, 1 axle seal, 1 crank seal, 1 rear main seal, 2 intermediate steering shafts, installed a stearing shaft bushing to replace that stupid spring the factory put around the shaft, and a parking brake leaver. Thats not including the regular maintenance stuff like brakes, filters, and fluids. My A/C needs a pound of 134 every spring but it cools well. (WHY do I love this truck?)
i use to drive like that too j/k

1 - 18 of 18 Posts