Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
5100 miles and no issues. Love the power and how smooth my truck is. Towed 17k for 400ish miles and had zero issues and I believe I was around 12-13mpg. No complaints from me. My bed rail cap did fly off at some point though. That kinda sucked.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
5100 miles and no issues. Love the power and how smooth my truck is. Towed 17k for 400ish miles and had zero issues and I believe I was around 12-13mpg. No complaints from me. My bed rail cap did fly off at some point though. That kinda sucked.
Warranty, they will replace it.

Reactions: BBFarm

·
Registered
111 Posts
2019 SRW HD 3500 4dr 6.4 bed. Tradesman - I have 4,000 on mine and no problems, picked it up march 1st . Got the VB6 update and the Aisin seems to shift a little smoother. I upgraded from a 96 12 valve and kinda miss the truck, but like the smoother and quieter ride. Feel better about long trips now. Tow an 8k bumper pull with it and like the leafs in the rear. Puled a friends tractor at around 12k and no problems. exhaust break is great.

·
Registered
421 Posts
7500 miles, 2K towing. Ram 2500 Mega, SRW 4X4 Laramie Longhorn, Air Ride. Tranny recall. Now the rear step recall. Mileage sucks, always below 16 MPG, towing is 9-10. I wish the tranny was an 8 speed. Wish I had gotten a truck with adapative cruise control. My driver's side visor doesn't fit well into the clip, pops out. Ride quality is awesome. Wish stereo had a little more low end punch. Infotainment is the best available. Not a complaint, but I would like a high end seat option as well in terms of adjustability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm thinking about trading / selling my 2017 3500 DRW Mega Cab and getting a 2019. Curious to see how many miles has been put on them by current owners and if anyone is having problems. One thing I was wondering about too is the CP4 fuel pump. Seems like the Duramax and Ford has had problems with this pump and it wasn't good. Thanks in advance.
My 2019 2500 has almost 22K miles on it. No problems, just the known recalls which I have done.

GMVE

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
7500 miles, 2K towing. Ram 2500 Mega, SRW 4X4 Laramie Longhorn, Air Ride. Tranny recall. Now the rear step recall. Mileage sucks, always below 16 MPG, towing is 9-10. I wish the tranny was an 8 speed. Wish I had gotten a truck with adapative cruise control. My driver's side visor doesn't fit well into the clip, pops out. Ride quality is awesome. Wish stereo had a little more low end punch. Infotainment is the best available. Not a complaint, but I would like a high end seat option as well in terms of adjustability.
43,500 on mine and my mpg ranges 13.8 to 15.5 no load, 9 to 11.5 towing 20,000#.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Kind of crazy how so many responses are NOT for the 2019-2020 models with the CP4 injector pump.

Though there were major changes in the 2019 engine and some in the 68RFE transmission it is just one thing that seems to dominate thinking on the new version reliability. It is all about that Bosch CP4.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have 17K on my 2019, I would say it's ok, I haven't had any engine related issues but I have some buyers remorse and often miss my 2015 G56. A/C is ok, and some air leaks out of the defrost vents when set to panel fogging up the windshield. The AC on my 2015 was better. It shifts much better since the recall was done and uses a lot less DEF. (trans recall and engine recalibration). I have a piece of plastic trim on the passenger side of the bed right behind the cab that has come loose twice. I was told the other day that it happens a lot. I also have a weird drone/humm right at around 1600 RPM but the service tech didn't notice it....though most people I have with me will notice it if I ask. It would be understandably difficult to pinpoint and I always hope it just goes away one day as things break in. It's not a negative experience owning it, but my 2015 was just a really great and solid truck. I live in a very rust prone area and that's why I traded it in at 90K...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Close to 30k miles and no problems so far. Towing relatively light nearly every day.
I haven’t had any recalls completed.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had my air ride module quit working. Waiting on parts for that and new cab mounts. I'd love to go back 3 months and get back in my 2004.5. I loved my 3rd gen, this truck just doesn't seem to stack up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
20k on my 2019 DRW 4x4 with aisin and 3.73. No issues and it’s hooked to something almost daily. Pulls my 44’ 5th wheel and all my goosenecks relatively easy. My 2018 had aisin and 4.10 and I think my 2019 pulls just a tad harder with 3.73 believe it or not. That 50 extra foot pounds made a difference.

·
Registered
223 Posts
2019 3500 DRW, Limited, Aisin, 4:10. Bought new and drove home, a little over 800 miles from dealership, in sept 2019, no issues on the trip. November 2019, first time using it to tow (maybe 7500 pounds) I had just started to climb a very short grade when I suddenly heard a loud boom-whooosh come from the front and lost power, but out was still running. I was able to limp it to the top of the hill and pull off. No fluids or other obvious signs of what happened, and didnt hear anything to give warning of anything about to happen, before hearing the noise. After checking further, I found the rubber hose that attaches to the intercooler had come off. Since I didn't hear anything in the moments before it happened, the only thing I can think is there was never a clamp installed from the factory; or if it had been installed, it wasn't tight. Never found evidence of there ever being a clamp. Was able to get the truck to a dealer about 40 miles away and they installed the new parts and I was back on my way within a couple hours. (BIG shoutout to the service staff at John L. Sullivan Ram in Yuba City, CA.) No problems related to that since.

About a month ago, during one of the first trips to a new house we bought to move out of California, I was exiting to get fuel and drifted onto the rumble strip on the shoulder. Suddenly, I heard chimes and got a couple of error messages on the dash: No cruise control, 4wd system unavailable, something about the trailer system, and I forget what else, ABS system I think. I checked what I could, fueled up and continued on my trip. By the next morning the errors messages had cleared and no issues, except the check engine light was on, but cleared within another day or so.

Fast forward to a few days ago, SAME exact thing, rumble strips, then chimes, and error/warning mesasages, the same messages too... Again within a couple days the errors and check engine light cleared.

I just returned from the same dealer, for having this issue checked and having one of the two FCA recalls performed (VB6 - engine calibration). They checked the DTCs and found info relating to the ABS system, and an erratic signal from the right rear speed sensor. They cleared the faulty info and checked the sensor for tightness and the related connections but nothing obvious was found. They also checked the tone wheel and it was good. Best they can tell is the speed sensor itself is faulty one the right rear axle tube. Of course they have to order the part and I have an appointment next week to get it installed after I return from another move trip...

Other then these two (fairly) minor issues, which are more of an inconvenience vs. a real major problem, like the rumored CP4 pump, or the dipstick tube/fluid levels on some non-Aisin trans, the truck is a pleasure to drive and ride in for longer periods. I had an 04, then a 2015 2500 diesel laramie and 2017 3500 DRW Laramie, and the "leather interior was not at all the quality that's in the Limited. My wife used to have serious back pain an any of our longer tripos, now she rarely has any pain or discomfort.

·
Registered
227 Posts
2019 3500 Bighorn drw cclb. 3500 miles and no issues. Installed APM bed step because I can no longer step on the rear wheel to get in the back. The 68RFE in this one is smoother and the exhaust brake is stronger and stays active until almost stopped.

Finally able to get a coat of wax on it.
wax.jpg
done.jpg

·
Registered
223 Posts
2019 3500 Bighorn drw cclb. 3500 miles and no issues. Installed APM bed step because I can no longer step on the rear wheel to get in the back. The 68RFE in this one is smoother and the exhaust brake is stronger and stays active until almost stopped.

Finally able to get a coat of wax on it. View attachment 907656 View attachment 907657
Its amazing the things you'll find in the paint when its clean and shiny. Is this the fire-truck image paint scheme? ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Its amazing the things you'll find in the paint when its clean and shiny. Is this the fire-truck image paint scheme? ;)
Haha. Yep that's the reserve ambulance C-56. I didn't notice.

Reactions: Bolo4u

·
Registered
968 Posts
My 2019 has 8100 miles on it. The Aisin transmission is clunky, still, without a load. Shifts well with a load most of the time. Tow/Haul and exhaust brake are aggressive and excellent. This new engine is awesome...smooth and powerful. The truck itself is OK - I miss the roomier cab of my 2017 Ford but I like the seats and seating position in this truck better. The truck sucks DEF down...a little less with the last update...and doesn't get any better mileage than my Super Duty diesel. The front tires are wearing on the outside; my drag link was replaced under warranty for a clunking sound, and the rear tires are almost completely shot at 8k miles. Oil changes are a major pain compared to the Ford because of the filter location; fuel filters are harder too. I like the new front end styling; dislike the small fuel tank (mine is a short bed 3500) and warmish A/C.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2019 has 8100 miles on it. The Aisin transmission is clunky, still, without a load. Shifts well with a load most of the time. Tow/Haul and exhaust brake are aggressive and excellent. This new engine is awesome...smooth and powerful. The truck itself is OK - I miss the roomier cab of my 2017 Ford but I like the seats and seating position in this truck better. The truck sucks DEF down...a little less with the last update...and doesn't get any better mileage than my Super Duty diesel. The front tires are wearing on the outside; my drag link was replaced under warranty for a clunking sound, and the rear tires are almost completely shot at 8k miles. Oil changes are a major pain compared to the Ford because of the filter location; fuel filters are harder too. I like the new front end styling; dislike the small fuel tank (mine is a short bed 3500) and warmish A/C.
We're you getting a clunk at just prior to full turn with that drag link? Did the fix make it better?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
968 Posts
We're you getting a clunk at just prior to full turn with that drag link? Did the fix make it better?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, they replaced it. The clunk is gone. There is another thread about this.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts