Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Big question for me before I even start looking is emissions equipment. What's the difference and advantage in this round of death canisters vs. the 2013-2018. I HATE the DPF with a passion. The SCR is ok with me.

Trust me when I say that manufactures loose money on warranty claims and this includes DPF related issues.

That said they are not perfect systems but I do believe with the system as a whole we are in the refining stages. Evidence of this is the unfortunate decision to go to a CP4 and variations in high pressure fuel.
Never the less the problems seem to be in a decline overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
300 miles on my 19 HO and the only problem I’m having is serious dead pedal. It’s quite a bit worse than my 2016 2500 Cummins and that truck was very sluggish taking off. Has anyone else experienced this on the new HO Cummins?

·
Registered
469 Posts
The 19's have a pre-programmed break-in that slowly let's you put more power to the wheels until 2500 miles from what I've been told. After 2500 miles there is no torque management in any gear. That might be what you are experiencing.

·
Registered
492 Posts
That’s good to hear I’m crossing my fingers that’s all it is. The transmission is a bit clunky around town but shifts amazing under power.

·
Registered
86 Posts
300 miles on my 19 HO and the only problem I’m having is serious dead pedal. It’s quite a bit worse than my 2016 2500 Cummins and that truck was very sluggish taking off. Has anyone else experienced this on the new HO Cummins?
I've only driven around 100 miles since buying mine a couple days ago, but haven't noticed any dead pedal. The lack of, especially compared to the L5P I test drove, was one of the major factors in my purchase decision.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I agree, I was not impressed with the l5p's lack of power but it was still better then the 6.7 power stroke. That thing just fell on its face if you ate into the throttle, off for a split second and then back on the throttle. It just felt like a turd. Lol. My 2015 Chevy Cruze with a 1.4L has more get up and go. The Cummins had no dead pedal and neither does my 2014 Cummins that I think I'll keep for a while. The 19's are very nice trucks though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree, I was not impressed with the l5p's lack of power but it was still better then the 6.7 power stroke. That thing just fell on its face if you ate into the throttle, off for a split second and then back on the throttle. It just felt like a turd. Lol. My 2015 Chevy Cruze with a 1.4L has more get up and go. The Cummins had no dead pedal and neither does my 2014 Cummins that I think I'll keep for a while. The 19's are very nice trucks though.
I've been driving a tuned LML for the last few years. Needed a DRW and did some shopping around, but skipped test driving a Ford 6.7. When we sat in the Ram, we almost immediately knew what we were going to come home with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Drive through the learning process and you will love it. 6k miles with trailer majority and would go back at all. Updated ECM Thursday to correct a few bugs and take care of thirsty DEF system. Pulled 15k and DEF barely moved, must have changed something!

·
US ARMY Retired
819 Posts
Drive through the learning process and you will love it. 6k miles with trailer majority and would go back at all. Updated ECM Thursday to correct a few bugs and take care of thirsty DEF system. Pulled 15k and DEF barely moved, must have changed something!
When was your truck built? Mine was built on 12 March....Is there an update for the 2019's already?

·
Registered
12 Posts
2020 5500 broke down at 11300 miles. cp4.2 failed. I was told mine is one of 3 at this dealership waiting on parts. Anyone else experiencing fuel pump issues. Repair will be covered under warranty but I am already out 10k in lost revenue. (Like all 5500s its a work truck.)

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
2020 5500 broke down at 11300 miles. cp4.2 failed. I was told mine is one of 3 at this dealership waiting on parts. Anyone else experiencing fuel pump issues. Repair will be covered under warranty but I am already out 10k in lost revenue. (Like all 5500s its a work truck.)
1 service department with 3 CP4 failures waiting for parts???

That’s a record even across the GM and FORD service departments.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats what i thought! From now on I plan to use a lubricant additive and i am absolutely open to suggestions for any aftermarket solutions, possibly to prevent fuel system contamination in the event of a future failure, or even a better pump? Its under warranty now but wont be for long.....

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Thats what i thought! From now on I plan to use a lubricant additive and i am absolutely open to suggestions for any aftermarket solutions, possibly to prevent fuel system contamination in the event of a future failure, or even a better pump? Its under warranty now but wont be for long.....
Let me research some of this. I know there is a conversion available or close to available but I don’t recall the company (maybe fleece?). Anyway I would bet it requires tuning but it’s cheaper than 10k. I’ll see what I can find.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Its funny someone mentioned tow piglet. One of the three trucks at the dealership is an enterprise rental. (This information comes from the service advisor and i have no way to corroborate it.) I can only share my experience with my truck. I hope and pray this is an isolated incident. I cant afford to take a month off from work! Anybody ever tried to rent a 5500 with a gooseneck hitch? Aint happening.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Built 02/26. Yes update was released last week for engine ECM. Mainly for diagnostic procedures but also enhancements to def among other things. .
I've tried searching for this. Any documentation of update number?

I have messaged ram cares idk

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
No it was with the 2500 and 3500.
Kinda like some of them had vibration issues and some didn't. Mine eats tires but no vibration issue. After the 1st realignment by Dodge it the issue moved to the driver side eating the outside of the tire and then 2nd alignment it went back to the passenger side eating the outside of the tire and after the 3rd alignment Thuren spec it still eats my tires. 3rd set of front tires on it now. I even put the Rough Country steering stabilizer on it and that did stop the front end road wonder issue. I'm glad it isn't my DD or I would have already got rid of my truck over this issue. Kinda like the guys with vibration issues get rid of it and try another truck.
My 2016 3500 SRW had horrible vibration issues.
Multiple visits to the dealership.
They never properly fixed it.
Sold the truck last year after the warranty ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have 2100 miles on my 2020 Laramie 2500 CTD. Loving it... No issues so far. Does use about 1 gal of DEF every fill up. One of the earlier post said there was an update to reduce DEF consumption?

·
Registered
50 Posts
2019 2500 Larmie Crew Cab4x4 with 5000 miles on it. Bought it in early March and did a 1200 mile drive back from Dallas TX to NC getting 18.5-20 mpg. I've towed my 3500 lb boat and my 7500 lb Airstream with it several times and it has towed great. So far no issues or problems, it's been great.

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I have 22,270 miles on my truck as of today.

Truck has been great, no issues. Emissions has been good, no issues. I do a lot of in town short trips and....still no issues. I will add that it uses a lot more DEF than both my previous 2018 and 2016 Ram 2500s. But it also uses way less EGR (Ez Lynk) than both my previous Ram trucks, I guess that would be why the 19s go through so much DEF.

Would I trade again for the 19? Yes.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts