Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trading / selling my 2017 3500 DRW Mega Cab and getting a 2019. Curious to see how many miles has been put on them by current owners and if anyone is having problems. One thing I was wondering about too is the CP4 fuel pump. Seems like the Duramax and Ford has had problems with this pump and it wasn't good. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm thinking about trading / selling my 2017 3500 DRW Mega Cab and getting a 2019. Curious to see how many miles has been put on them by current owners and if anyone is having problems. One thing I was wondering about too is the CP4 fuel pump. Seems like the Duramax and Ford has had problems with this pump and it wasn't good. Thanks in advance.
hit 2100 miles yesteday on my 19 mega drw. 900 of which were with 16k and 100 with 28k on the hitch.

No problems to date, this truck tows so much better than my 4th gen its not even funny. and the 4.10s keep the engine right where it wants to be all the time.

I have the large 12" screen, and it did shut off on me once when i first got in and started driving (was 101 inside the the truck) but it quickly rebooted and worked as normal, maybe 40 seconds of down time.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
hit 2100 miles yesteday on my 19 mega drw. 900 of which were with 16k and 100 with 28k on the hitch.

No problems to date, this truck tows so much better than my 4th gen its not even funny. and the 4.10s keep the engine right where it wants to be all the time.

I have the large 12" screen, and it did shut off on me once when i first got in and started driving (was 101 inside the the truck) but it quickly rebooted and worked as normal, maybe 40 seconds of down time.
What year 4th gen did you have?
4th gen a 68 rfe or Aisin?

·
Registered
35 Posts
What year 4th gen did you have?
4th gen a 68 rfe or Aisin?
2014 with a randys transmission stage 2 68rfe. Doesnt even hold a candle to this combo towing.

A/C freezes me out in the 95 degree weather were having so must be a differnt blower motor on the HDs

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have about 2,000 miles on my ‘19. The truck has been great except for one thing. I have the 12” screen and every time I try to enter a destination into the navigation the thing reboots. I am not longer able to use it at all. A dealer checked it out and decided I new a new radio. They supposedly ordered one two weeks ago and Ram is telling them and me it has not shipped as of this morning. I have Car Play but I don’t have very good cell service so it is useless to me.

·
Cummins Addict
378 Posts
How does the A/C work on the new HD's? The 2019 1500 forums are littered with many posts about the A/C being only marginal.
Now that it’s finally warming up here in New England, I can confirm this. My 2017 2500’s AC, even at two years old, is much colder than my 2019 1500’s.

·
Registered
33 Posts
5000 miles on DRW 2019. 1500 with 16k behind it and literally didn’t know it was there. 3.73 gears to try to get a few more mpg! Averaging 12 with 16k @ 70. No complaints or regrets over 2017 DRW. I chose 8.4 over 12” for the very reasons others have said. Working on fca dealer informs you of areas of concern. The radio is the only one! Enjoy.

·
US ARMY Retired
819 Posts
I just hit 2000 miles yesterday. No issues with mine. It's amazing the power this thing has. The AC works fine in the Georgia heat wave we've been having for the past 2 weeks....AC is much better than my 2018 Ram 1500 that I had. I have the 8.4 screen with no issues and the surround view camera is truly awesome with or without a trailer. The towing tech group is well worth the money....I think it should come standard with all of the HD's. The only thing that sucks is that you can't get accessories yet....I wished I would have ordered a bed step from the factory. It seems like the fuel mileage is getting better with each tank and as the truck gets broke-in....I know...Cummins says there's no break in period for the engine... but I do know with my previous trucks I never saw the best fuel mileage until after 10k on the clock and after the first oil change.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just rolled 2,000 miles on mine and loving it. The power is great and the ride is awesome. I am still trying to get used to how quiet the motor is when idling. I haven't towed yet, but have put fair amounts of weight in the bed on a couple trips and it only made it ride better. Overall, the 19 is a huge improvement over my 15, or any previous 4th gens I've owned. The new HO pulls hard, and the new Aisin shifts great. The only issue I have found is that my UConnect Bluetooth sometimes disconnects from my phone during phone calls. I'm going to try to pair my phone again and see if that helps. I am also trying to grasp how the LED back-up lights in the side mirrors engage. They are there but I have never seen them come on. Cant find any settings for them either. Anyone know what makes them go active? Also noticed that the fuel fill neck is different on my 2019. The aux. fuel cap I had used on my other 4th gen trucks wont fit. Not sure what year model they changed this, but the new fuel neck is much improved over my previous 4 gens. No more getting the right position on the nozzle and/or holding back the flow while filling. This is also my first RamBox equipped truck. I installed the Mopar accessory organizer kit for the RamBox and really like how that keeps my stuff in order.

·
Registered
119 Posts
"I am also trying to grasp how the LED back-up lights in the side mirrors engage. They are there but I have never seen them come on. Cant find any settings for them either. Anyone know what makes them go active?"

They are turned on by pushing the cargo lights button located on the lower half of the headlight switch.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
How about front wheel alignment???
Is the factory alignment still eat the outside of the tires???
My only complaint on my 15 dually and I do all highway driving.
I only have 37,500 on my dually its paid for so I've decided I'll keep it till Ram can make a truck that doesn't eat front tires. 5th gen tire issues probably haven't had time to show themself yet.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I only have 37,500 on my dually its paid for so I've decided I'll keep it till Ram can make a truck that doesn't eat front tires. 5th gen tire issues probably haven't had time to show themself yet.
Is this a dually only thing .
My 16 or my 10 never had front end issues .
On and off pavement half of Montana roads are dirt..?
4x4 non-dually 3500

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Is this a dually only thing .
My 16 or my 10 never had front end issues .
On and off pavement half of Montana roads are dirt..?
4x4 non-dually 3500

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk
No it was with the 2500 and 3500.
Kinda like some of them had vibration issues and some didn't. Mine eats tires but no vibration issue. After the 1st realignment by Dodge it the issue moved to the driver side eating the outside of the tire and then 2nd alignment it went back to the passenger side eating the outside of the tire and after the 3rd alignment Thuren spec it still eats my tires. 3rd set of front tires on it now. I even put the Rough Country steering stabilizer on it and that did stop the front end road wonder issue. I'm glad it isn't my DD or I would have already got rid of my truck over this issue. Kinda like the guys with vibration issues get rid of it and try another truck.

Reactions: Ratdog1

·
Registered
264 Posts
Big question for me before I even start looking is emissions equipment. What's the difference and advantage in this round of death canisters vs. the 2013-2018. I HATE the DPF with a passion. The SCR is ok with me.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts