Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to get a new stock trailer. How much 5th wheel weight is safe on the truck?? How much are you guys putting on your trucks?? I got a mega cab 3500 dually 2006. Also, do they make a 14 ply 17inch tire and who makes them? Thanks for any imput.

·
Registered
186 Posts
GVWR - Curb weight= Payload. As long as you use a good hitch you should be fine pulling anything at or under the trucks towing capacity. Going over that is another story:w: gettn it moving is not the problem, stopping IS. As for tires, I use E range(10 ply) and we are usually around 20-22k going down the road with no problems.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
I just had 2200lbs of cement bags in my truck and it sat it down on the overloads. Drove good, mine is srw. Not sure about legal. Would have not looked like any weight in there if not for the leveling kit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
first of all you more than likely dont need 14 ply tires, seems way overkill to me. I have 10 plys on mine and with that its not the limit of the tires its more the limit of the truck

also any stock trailer that you buy will not overload the truck too bad. but if you are really worried about that then i would get some airbags. you can get a set of airbags with a compressor for a resonable price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts