Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just checked today & i have 1120 hours on my truck in sig. not sure if thats good or bad for a truck w/36 K miles....what does everyone else have?

·
Registered
593 Posts
ya my step dad has around that with 38k. . . thats like 32 miles per hour avg. so its been idling some.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how-to check motor hours....

turn the key on in your truck (dont start it) & hold your trip reset button (while ur mileage is diplayed ) for at least 6-7 seconds & then you will see HR 1234 (ur hours) displayed ...turn your key off to clear the display.

I'm curious......how do you check the hours?:confused013:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I checked mine today, it has 127,882 miles and 4020 hours. Just getting broke in!:hehe:

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that doesn`t seem so bad.....what a great little feature.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I just went out and checked mine. 1114 hours with 33,800 miles.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how many here new that you could check the hours?

guess this could be helpfull info. for a couple differant situations.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd like to say that i knew but id be lying. Its a pretty cool feature i already called all my buddies and told them they had no idea either.

·
Premium Member
6,240 Posts
2177 hours an 69,000 miles....which is an avg of 31.69 mph for the life of the truck..wonder who has the highest

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sofaking..now that seems low as well...

Yeah we need to hear from some guys w/ 150k miles plus.....

·
Registered
593 Posts
there prolly an hottshotter with a high avg then me. . . but still i avg 45.7mph with 107883miles and 2360 hours. And i did know about this feature thanks to this forum. Somebody outta sticky key tricks in here cause there is four that i know about.

1. Key on off on off on off (without starting) times for code check

2. Hr check (turn the key on in your truck (dont start it) & hold your trip reset button (while ur mileage is diplayed ) for at least 6-7 seconds & then you will see HR 1234 (ur hours) displayed ...turn your key off to clear the display)

3. Gauge check ( hold odemeter in with key in off postion then turn to on.)

4. Seatbeat dinger disable ( Here's the procedure.... With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver's seat belt. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

·
Registered
30 Posts
2577 with 66800 miles on it. Spent some time at idle or low speed apparently.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
does # 4 do anything w/ the i just crapped myself horn/reverse idiot alarm?

there prolly an hottshotter with a high avg then me. . . but still i avg 45.7mph with 107883miles and 45.7 hours. And i did know about this feature thanks to this forum. Somebody outta sticky key tricks in here cause there is four that i know about.

1. Key on off on off on off (without starting) times for code check

2. Hr check (turn the key on in your truck (dont start it) & hold your trip reset button (while ur mileage is diplayed ) for at least 6-7 seconds & then you will see HR 1234 (ur hours) displayed ...turn your key off to clear the display)

3. Gauge check ( hold odemeter in with key in off postion then turn to on.)

4. Seatbeat dinger disable ( Here's the procedure.... With all doors closed and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver's seat belt. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the seat belt warning light to turn off. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
Turn off the engine. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

·
Registered
45 Posts
3687Hrs 116195Miles 31.5MPH Avg

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
I have 33,429 and 1054, for an average of 31.7.

It was 30.4 when I bought the truck, and my personal average has been 32.4.

I have recorded a best tank of 65.4 and a worst tank of 19.7.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts