Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To every body running the airdog are you able to hear the pump running on a stock exhaust truck? I ask because I had a fass on my 01 and I could hear that pump running just idling. we know how much louder that motor is compared to the CR. I can put up with a little noise, I'm being a little baby hear but I just don't what to hear the whinning in the new truck.

·
Registered
424 Posts
On a 06 I dont know, but on my 01 you cant hear it at all, well that is probably because the thing is loud as heck anyways :lol3:. But seriously they are quiet.

Ray:thumbsup

·
Banned
516 Posts
i have a fass system and i cant hear it....i dont know how loud the airdog is!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have the Airdog Raptor 150 and can hear it quite well aat idle and low speeds. It's mounted on the frame rail between the driver and backseat door though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you guys with modded exhaust can hear it at idle then just a stock truck will technically be a bit louder in the cab. I'm just torn right now between the airdog or the GDP walbro kit, with the filters. I just got the new truck and I love how quiet it is compared to the 2001. I guess I must be getting old:lol3:

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would say you wouldnt hear it on a stock exhaust truck even on the newer ones. Mine is just as quiet as stock pump when u listen to it just cycling the key. Alot quieter than a fass IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts