Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some feed on how much louder it is than stock because as soon as the code free comes out itll be on my truck right now i have a four inch dpf back mbrp exhaust so just wonderin how much louder thanks guys

·
Registered
721 Posts
Hardly any with just a delete. If you get a down pipe you can hear a little but if you want noise you'd better get a 5" tbe. I'm happy with the delete and downpipe combo, I've grown out of my "I like it loud" stage, that's what my bikes are for.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn i was hoping it was gonna be some what like my old 5.9 i knew i shouldve never gotten rid of it. what kinda bikes you got

·
Registered
721 Posts
I got an 07 CRF450 that I race intermediate with. I also got a CR500 and ATC250r for the dunes. After a day at the track with a bunch of 4 strokes, I'm down for a relaxing ride home. I'm only 25 but sometimes I sound like and old man. It hurts to move today, damn track had huge holes with some knarly uphill ruts, and them punk A$$ kits on their daddy's dime don't care that I have to go to work the next day. They aint got any problems takin you out to win practice.

·
Super Mod
1,691 Posts
My 5" straight back is very loud under load and when the exhaust brake is on, sounds like a jet engine.

At 70mph it is noticeable but not annoying. Personally, I'm glad I went with the 5" over the 4.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Not terribly loud, like jpark said, noticeable at 70 MPH, E-brake like a jet engine. You can hear clips on Youtube.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yeah I'm still lookin at a 5" system but I don't know if the wife's gunna go for it. I like the noise under load but hate the drone at 70. I've heard good things about the Corsa getting rid of the drone. Anybody got any input of a good sounding low drone muffler/tip combo? If I had confidence in a low drone muffler, I'd get a 5" in a heartbeat.

·
Super Mod
1,691 Posts
Yeah I'm still lookin at a 5" system but I don't know if the wife's gunna go for it. I like the noise under load but hate the drone at 70. I've heard good things about the Corsa getting rid of the drone. Anybody got any input of a good sounding low drone muffler/tip combo? If I had confidence in a low drone muffler, I'd get a 5" in a heartbeat.

My drone is at 1500rpm or 60mph. I also don't have a muffler so maybe someone with a muffler on their 5" system will be able to tell you if they have the drone or not.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I asked Shane from BAPD, He said there is no drone with the muffler.:thumbsup

·
Registered
721 Posts
Sounds like I'm lookin at a 5 incher with a muffler but crazzycummins6.7, go with the straight. Thanks guys

·
Registered
182 Posts
Just a quick question for who ever see this, but i was wondering why the EB on our truck sounds like a jet and not like a jake brake? Is the jake just a totally different set up?

·
Registered
721 Posts
A Jake brake actually holds the exhaust valves shut, the way our break works it by reducing the volume in the exhaust housing of the turbo, causing backpressure similar to a Jake brake, one of the side affects is that it spools the turbo causing the "jet" sound.

Reactions: jnev82

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
A Jake brake actually holds the exhaust valves shut, the way our break works it by reducing the volume in the exhaust housing of the turbo, causing backpressure similar to a Jake brake, one of the side affects is that it spools the turbo causing the "jet" sound.
:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2:

·
Registered
503 Posts
i have the full 5'' system with the muffler and my friend has the same thing without the muffler. eb sounds real cool without the muffler but i cant take the drone sound his makes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How will it sound if i do the 4inch downpipe and delete with no muffler straight through cause i have the mbrp 4inch on now any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I get a little of the jake brake sound out of mine when I'm slowing down a load with the exhaust brake. I hear it more than I hear the whistle of the turbo.

·
Registered
606 Posts
The four inch downpipe will get rid of the cat, which restricts most of the sound. With the downpipe and delete and filter back you already have, it will be a 4" TB, so it should sound good. Not as deep as the 5" exhaust, but still a lot better than stock or with the original downpipe. :thumbsup

·
Registered
288 Posts
to answer your question...its got a good tone with the 5inch tbe but its
not even close to a straight piped 5.9

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
man this sucks i knew i shouldnt have gotten rid of the ole 5.9 she sounded like a semi now this new 6.7 sounds like a gasser its so week i hate tree huggers and the epa.

·
Registered
331 Posts
The full TBE sounds pretty darn good man. I missed my 2nd gen pretty bad untill yesterday. You need to go for a ride in a 6.7 with a 5" TBE.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts