Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

how long

1108 11
Will our new 2014 last as long as it's predecessors have, and did? Are these new trucks 15 year 250,000 mile material? Will repair bills destine our new trucks to an early retirement? People don't like change so, maybe in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 ect everyone felt the same then as some do now, or are we different? I've read threads as old a 2005 talking about " these trucks are so automated you better beware":S: Anyhow I thought this could get intresting:stirpot:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
You will get various answers on this, but IMO, it comes down to this:

- How well you maintain the truck
- How you utilize the truck

Treat it like a beater and any high expectations you had go out the window. Work it, maintain it and give some proactive TLC and you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
14,690 Posts
You will get various answers on this, but IMO, it comes down to this:

- How well you maintain the truck
- How you utilize the truck

Treat it like a beater and any high expectations you had go out the window. Work it, maintain it and give some proactive TLC and you will not be disappointed.
Exactly this.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
That's the plan. My '05 is still going strong after 10 years and almost 170k miles now. Sure hope my '14 continues to run as good and last as long with minimal issues.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Each generation gets better. I've owned all gen's except the 4th (yet) but my 2nd gen was a HUGE improvement over my 92. And then I'll add my 3rd gen 04.5 was superior to any of the Dodge Cummins I've owned since the early 90's.

I'm hopeful that when I purchase a 4th gen, it will be up to par or better.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I think those that keep it 10yrs and put 150k+ on them will be paying big money to replace / repair the emission system.

Reactions: Ram4Sam and Razzor

·
Registered
145 Posts
Will our new 2014 last as long as it's predecessors have, and did? Are these new trucks 15 year 250,000 mile material? Will repair bills destine our new trucks to an early retirement? People don't like change so, maybe in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 ect everyone felt the same then as some do now, or are we different? I've read threads as old a 2005 talking about " these trucks are so automated you better beware":S: Anyhow I thought this could get intresting:stirpot:
Well, I like my 2014 the most of any of the previous RAM CTD's that I've owned. That said, my 1993 is still motoring along after 21 years. There just isn't much to break on the old models. They are ultra simple with minimal electronics. The new ones won't run unless all the computers and sensors are functioning correctly. There are just so many failure points in the new ones that they will need more service/maintenance. They aren't bad trucks, just more complicated.

Unless you are running a commercial trucking operation your RAM will last for many, many years.

·
Registered
365 Posts
8"

Whats this thread about?

·
Registered
104 Posts
if you dont do the deletes then might as well say goodbye to 250,000.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.