Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start a thread with you guys posting what warranty work you have had done at your dealer with your mods. Lets stay away from the guys with horrible service departments and horror stories. Just post up if you have had anything replaced under you warranty with your mods.

Personally I have gone through a radiator and had a bad battery replaced.

·
Registered
188 Posts
IN MY OPINION: Melton sales in claremore has a terrible service department. They do not know very much about these trucks, and if you try and throw out some suggestions, like things you have learned on the forums, they totally ignore you and say they dont care. They tried to stiff us on injectors, and on a clutch dual/mass flywheel. I wont be buying any more trucks from them!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts
This is a scary thread to be honest with you. You could be a DODGE SPY or one could be reading it. I wont list who I use or what has been done but I have one of the best departments. The guys are great and quick.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thats why I stated IN MY OPINION. I dont want to get accused of slander or lible!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have had very good luck with West side Dodge in North Aurora Il. The service writers have listen to my issues and I have even provided print outs of TSB information which they have attached to the writen service work form. They have let me talk to the diesel tec and we have discuss options and how to correct the soot build up issue with the Turbo and cleaning of it. I do not have very many mods on the truck as of yet just what is in my sig.
I would like Dodge personnel to ee what is on written on this forum and this thread maybe they will work with their dealers to improve the attitude of some. Remember the Customer is the King since he has the gold and the golden rule. The man with the gold makes the rules.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
This is a scary thread to be honest with you. You could be a DODGE SPY or one could be reading it. I wont list who I use or what has been done but I have one of the best departments. The guys are great and quick.
good point. Also, you guys with good depts may be shooting yourselves in he foot. I am sure dodge scours all he forums and they may start cracking down on these "helpful" dealers. Just my opinion, be careful.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My dealership is in a small town. I'd say 80% of their business is trucks and 80% of that is Cummins powered. Before a new truck goes out the door there, it gets a thorough PDI and rear brake caliper protector plates. My truck is an '07 and I have had no issues in 45,000 KMs. The warranty policy there is, if the mod has not caused the problem, it is repaired under warranty. I have bought 16 vehicles from these guys since 1985. They have looked after me 110%. Regardless of what you are told, the warranty decision is at the dealer level. This has been my experience, anyway.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Dodge Spy's ?

Hey guys

I've been with Dodge for 25 years, haven't met a spy yet. And if there were any, I'm sure they took the early retirement package. My district service manager has 52 dealers to service. Our regional technical advisor (the only advisor for 6 states). is quite busy doing buy back inspections and doesn't have time even to give us technical advice. I really don't think there are any Spies surfing the forums checking on your mods. DWRDODGE6.7 is correct that most warranty decisions are made at the dealer level. Although ocassionally a district service manager or technical advisor will restrict a warranty, usually when someone presses the issue and wants to play Philadelphia lawyer on a modified vehicle or in a buy back request and or argue their own Mangusson-Moss Case.
Charlie

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Hey guys

I've been with Dodge for 25 years, haven't met a spy yet. And if there were any, I'm sure they took the early retirement package. My district service manager has 52 dealers to service. Our regional technical advisor (the only advisor for 6 states). is quite busy doing buy back inspections and doesn't have time even to give us technical advice. I really don't think there are any Spies surfing the forums checking on your mods. DWRDODGE6.7 is correct that most warranty decisions are made at the dealer level. Although ocassionally a district service manager or technical advisor will restrict a warranty, usually when someone presses the issue and wants to play Philadelphia lawyer on a modified vehicle or in a buy back request and or argue their own Mangusson-Moss Case.
Charlie
I agree with you - I highly doubt Chrysler has teams of internet spies surfing forums to bust unsuspecting members. In a better economy, maybe, but not now.

I will say this, I've never found dealers more willing to stand by the customer than Chevy dealers (when it comes to modifying vehicles).

There is a large GM dealer down the street and in their service department they sell PPE programmers, Bullydog, and will install turbo-back exhaust on the new LMM motors. Their rule: if something breaks - whether its the transmission, motor or something else, bring it to them.

Of course, this isn't written on a big bulletin board at the dealership, but I - along with a few others - confirmed this (when I was interested in buying a Duramax I investigated this issue extensively with local dealers).

Sorry for the rant - I'll get back on topic.

To me, a good dealer isn't just one that performs service on my vehicle - its HOW they treat my vehicle. I've gone to some that left dirt on the floor, had grease on the steering wheel and left paperwork in the cab (not related to my repair). I've also had others that would double park my truck in the back lot (because they know I'm anal about door dings), given it a complimentary wash, or done things free of charge because I needed it (rotate tires, fuel up the tank if they road tested it, etc).

As far as some good ones for general service, Jack Powell Chrysler Dodge in San Diego is pretty good - and I haven't had any issues with Christopher's Dodge World here in Denver (I'm not commenting on how they treat modified vehicles, just how they treat vehicle, perform service in a timely manner and communicate effectively).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah I highly doubt Chrysler has E-Spys on cumminsforum and is going to be calling all of our dealers because what they find on the internet! :hehe:

Anyway I dont really think there are GOOD dealers with service departments. I think they are just normal and the other ones are just major A-Holes that want to give you a hard time. :whip:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Service dept is a joke! Mech told me when dpf soot is full it was a fuel filter problem since I wasnt using there filters. And that the strong odor that comes through ac vents was from the excess oil that goes thru turbo to clean dpf.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I want to start a thread with you guys posting what warranty work you have had done at your dealer with your mods. Lets stay away from the guys with horrible service departments and horror stories. Just post up if you have had anything replaced under you warranty with your mods.

Personally I have gone through a radiator and had a bad battery replaced.
Mine's great. Never used them yet.:buttkick:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts