Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

How EXACTLY is this thing being held on (locked into place)? Is the lock/snap the little middle bump on the top? How do I physically manipulate this thing to come the hell off?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

How EXACTLY is this thing being held on (locked into place)? Is the lock/snap the little middle bump on the top? How do I physically manipulate this thing to come the hell off?
Angled needle nose pliers are the easiest way. You can also use regular needle nose. If you can somehow get both hands back there you can press the tab with your left hand and use a regular screw driver with your right hand to push it off. I have used all three methods.

It's on there tight :banghead:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just got it off. I simply used a flathead screw driver and pushed straight back on the back lip of the connector (closest to the incoming wires). It popped right off. I will post a picture later of exactly where I am talking about.
I did manage to bend/tear about 1/4-1/2") of the side of the plug cover before in I tried this, so that may be why it was able to pop off without getting underneath it to press the locking tab.

I'll post a pic later.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Ive heard they were hard and I wish I had had an MP-8 to install while I had my rail off. It was easy to get to then.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Ive heard they were hard and I wish I had had an MP-8 to install while I had my rail off. It was easy to get to then.
That would be the best time; much easier.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, here is a picture of the plug. I ended up using a flat head screwdriver and pushing back on the top of the rear lip (thin fuzzy gray line right where the wires appear to end).

Incase anyone is wondering what I'm working on...

Here's what I have done so far.

Attitude mounted

MP8 (I still need to install the dial.)

"EGR Mod" is done.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just noticed how dirty my brake fluid reservoir is. I need to clean that up.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Looks good, i haven't had much trouble with the plug. Needle nose pliers work great and pops right off. I got the same EGR delete layin on my desk right beside me waiting to get put on

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hey tell me if your intake side blocker plate turns purple. Mine did.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
383 Posts
mine also turned purple too. I'm gonna paint it soon.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I just used a long screwdriver and hammer and knocked that plug off after trying for a hour or so.

jj

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts