Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

How hard would it be to put a blow off valve on my truck?

1126 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  SmokingFords
I got to thinking about this and didnt know if it could be done and if it would help anything. I think it woud be cool but is it worth it?:confused013: I might do it just so i can be the only diesel in my town to have one:headbang::hehe:
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Got P7100?
6,489 Posts
hes runnin a 66mm turbo.....

BD makes a blow off valve for diesels if you really want one, i dont think it would be usefull other than it sounds "cool"

· Registered
1,834 Posts
that would be interesting to hear and might set a trend haha...if you get one post a vid so we can all hear...

· Registered
424 Posts
It can be done, but unless you find yourself barking your turbo a lot there really isn't a need for it. I've heard(no personal experience) that some HX40's are prone to shaft breakage when you bark them, so it may be an idea if that is what you are running, but aside from that I havn't heard of anyone running one for a good reason. Some people love the cool sound it makes, but I believe they belong on tuners(better version of a ricer), and not diesels(unless there is a NEED for it).

· Registered
1,181 Posts
You can run just a $60 TIAL blowoff.

The line that is supposed to be run to the "vacuum" port on a gasser, run that line to the exhaust manifold to pick up drive pressure...

Merrick

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Must have been thinking of HKS or something.

I saw some TIAL's on ebay months ago going for $60..

I see they are all over $200 now.

Must be the economy, LOL. That, or school is getting out...

Merrick

· Registered
2,665 Posts
I have heard one on a newer diesel and it sounded real good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.