Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 94 12v single cab and it needs rockers and the inside aint real great so i thought about taking the cab off of a gas parts truck i have and putting it on the diesel and plus it has the newer model dash in it so i was wondering how hard would it be to swap it over and if all the electrical stuff would hook up right? thanks

·
Registered
11,476 Posts
I would plan on changing the whole dash out. I would plan on changing the wiring harness out. You can keep the rest of the interior.

The gas trucks do not have the diesel (wait to start, water in fuel) lights and have a different computer. I expect a newer truck would also have a different wiring harness and connectors. If it was a diesel cab and you could plug your computer in it might work. It might also be different enough to not work and need a 1998 12 valve wiring harness. You may be able to buy a 1998 12 valve harness if you wish.

The tin is the same from 1994 to 2002 as far as swapping the same style cab goes.

Changing a wiring harness is not that bad. It is plug and play with connectors that can only be plugged into the right part. It just takes time.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Swapping the cabs is easy I put a 98 V10 cab on my 94 truck and I just put the 94 dash and all the 94 harnesses in the 98 cab

·
Registered
226 Posts
Swapping the cabs is easy I put a 98 V10 cab on my 94 truck and I just put the 94 dash and all the 94 harnesses in the 98 cab

Best way to do it. I swapped a 2000 cab onto my 96. I ended up utilizing all the 96 wiring harnesses in one way or the other. I cut the dash up enough to fit all the 96 guages too.

Lots of wiring differences, even if you do find a 98 wiring harness off a 12V - makes it slightly easier, but you will still have cluster issues. If you want it, I will sell it to you -- computer and all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.