Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does your truck stop? Does it shutter to a stop or does it just stop now? Mine seems like it wants to keep going once i go to shut it off and I have noticed it doesn't do the famous cummins burp, is this normal?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one??......

·
Registered
370 Posts
i can only speak for my truck... it shuts right down, no stutter rattle or nothin'... but it does do a belt "chirp" at engine stop almost every time...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine doesn't belt chirp at all(cummins burp) ever, it kind of stutter rattle stops, it is a 5 speed and not an auto does that have anything to do with it maybe??

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine does the famus blurb 90% of the time.Along with that it does a small stutter 50% of the time

·
I DONT BELIEVE IT!
1,728 Posts
Mine does the famus blurb 90% of the time.Along with that it does a small stutter 50% of the time
Same as mine :thumbsup:beer

·
Registered
146 Posts
mine does the belt chip 100% of the time. while at work, i heard a 12 valve that had come to pick up an engine (BMW) had no chirp, it just turned off smoothly.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Mine just shuts down and no belt chirp here... Maybe one in awhile I get a belt chirp but rare...

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
If I didn't have a belt chirp, I'd be upset... I'd have to adjust the tensioner or get a different belt or something so that I'd get the chirp.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The cure for belt chirp is the Gatorback belt. I used to have the part number but will have to look for it. With such high compression, the piston compresses on dead air and wants to stop or back up a bit, the chirp is belt slip. No biggie, I kinda liked it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts