Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How due u bleed cp3 pump ? Is it at the banjo bolt on the common rail ?

·
Registered
7,102 Posts

·
Ducati M.
6,809 Posts
The electric pump in the tank takes care of the bleeding, and the computer opens the injectors to take care of the rest of the fuel system.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the pcm controls the injector's. So if u have a tune programmed that controls your injector's? On how long to stay open ? Depending on various things like bigger injectors,cp3 pump, feed pump ?

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
So the pcm controls the injector's. So if u have a tune programmed that controls your injector's? On how long to stay open ? Depending on various things like bigger injectors,cp3 pump, feed pump ?
What are you trying say? Do?

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trying to get an understanding on how that system works. What makes it tick. A buddy of mine had did a valve job on his 08 6.7 installed air dog 165 pump . 100%over injectors
He did a 2ed gen swap as well.installed a new cp3 pump And then installed a program. ( this was all done at the same time ).dont know the house power rating. Well he started it ran 4 about 5 mins and will not start back up.
I am wondering if the firing of the injectors is from the NEW program that is keeping it from running??

·
Premium Member
15,181 Posts
I am wondering if the firing of the injectors is from the NEW program that is keeping it from running??
Short answer, no. More likely it is an injector that is the problem not the programming. Stock CP-3 should not be an issue, modified one can always have issues just like the injectors.

AD is not immune to problems either, start by checking LP pressure to the CP-3 then move on to RP when trying to start.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
currently my buddy is on leave when he gets back ill ask him about the tuner. I dont think that he does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts