Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I'm trying to plumb in an oil pressure gauge into the cab and can't for the life of me find a place to get through. I've read that there's a plug or something but I can't see anything like that under there :confused013: Help!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
there is a rubber grommet with a wire or 2 running through it on the driver side of the firewall. You have to cut through it with a knife..

·
Registered
251 Posts
:agree2: There is a rubber grommet that is oblong in shape above and to the right of the steering column. Mine didn't have any wires running through it though until I put them there. Just take your pocket knife and cut an "x" in the grommet.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But is this grommet taken up by the clutch? Cause I don't see anything like that on mine and I notice both of y'all have autos...

·
Registered
251 Posts
You know, it very well could be. If it is, there is another grommet in the firewall that is close to that area I believe a little below and to the right where some of the factory wiring runs inside the cab. You can squeeze a couple more through there.

·
Out There, Savin' Lives
521 Posts
If you are using an electric sender there is a grommet in the side near the drivers door that you can use.

·
Out There, Savin' Lives
521 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm trying to fit 1/8in tubing through as the gauge I'm putting in is mechanical.
Rattlebox, I'll try looking for that other grommet.
Stodg, I never thought to look there, that spot won't work for this, but if I need to run wires I now know where to go!
Thanks for the replies guys!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
the one i use is right by the fusebox in the motor. Just look on the firewall near the fusebox toward the bottom of the engine bay and it should be right there..

Reactions: Free Range

·
Registered
30 Posts
I always used the one on the firewall where the main harness comes thru. BE CAREFUL though, I once cut a wire inside the wiring harness by using a razor blade to make a hole in the grommet... not fun to fix

·
Registered
55 Posts
1/4" drill bit + rubber grommet from radio shack...or you could just wrap in electrical tape to protect it. should be around $4

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the one i use is right by the fusebox in the motor. Just look on the firewall near the fusebox toward the bottom of the engine bay and it should be right there..
Thanks for the directions! This worked mint for me! :party018:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts