Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i guess the title says it all. I just wanted to know the safest way to possibly attempt this without smoking the clutch..?? :drool2: i know its not a good thing to do with a stock clutch but if it does break it gives me a reason to buy a new one. i haven't tried anything yet.. cuase i really don't know what to do..

i aint scurred though. :headbang:

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
i think it will definetly smoke the clutch, but how i do it is hold the brake with my heel, pushing on the throttle with my tow, start easing up on the clutch till i see boost then pop it all looseandf hammer down. its really hard on tires and clutches but really fun too.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
With a stock clutch you will not beable to do a boosted launch. Becareful of 4x4 boosted 3rd gear launches. I destroyed third gear in my tranny. It was very expensive to repair. I got a dealer discount and it was still $2200.00 to fix my tranny. Here some pic's of third gear and the cluster gear...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow.. that does look like fun. Was it worth the $2200?? guess i will wait at least till i get a new clutch... :party018:

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
Well I would like to say that was my first boosted launch but it wasn't!!!LOL Having my tranny rebuilt to tighter tolerances was certainly worth it... It makes very little noise now with the DD clutch in it and shifts like a dream!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts