Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

This is my first post here & I replaced my fuel filter and now understand I need to bleed the system.

I have "bumped" the ignition into start to get the fuel pump going but I do not know what or where the banjo bolt is located and I saw on an old post that I could crack the fuel injector lines but have not idea what that means or if I have written it correctly.

I have to visit my daughter this evening & hope someone can help me!

Ed

·
Registered
242 Posts
loosen the bolt, prime the system and as soon as you see some fuel flowing or leaking past the bolt quickly tighten it. you may also have the bleed the injectors as well is there is too much air in the system.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
What year. I don't bleed mine. Just start it up. It'll die. crank a few seconds and she fires right up. Done.

Fill out your sig so we know what you've got!!!! Also in user CP fill out your location and stuff. So we know where our Ohio peeps are!!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Just use a 3/4" wrench and loosen a few lines at the head. I usually do #1 #3 #6, crank the engine over a little until you see fuel coming out of the lines, then close them. She will fire and run a little rough for a few seconds then clear up.

·
Registered
242 Posts
when you look at your injection pump (standing by the drivers side front fender) you'll see 2 large banjo bolts with fuel lines attached to them, the one you want to crack will be the one on the right, you can follow the fuel line right into your stock fuel filter canistor. start with that, then bleed the injectors if you have to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts