Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
Yep -- From a technology standpoint -- these are the best reflector lenses (vs projector) that I have ever seen. Very high quality headlights -- must be the result of some serious engineering.

·
IL Chapter VP
3,464 Posts
Someone should make this thread a sticky or we should start a Gen 4 tech area.
As you requested I am going to stick this at the top of the section.
Andy

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes they are impressive! I'm glad you are making this a sticky! Thank you sir this should help other guys out.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I got my camera back so I took some better pictures to show where to adjust the headlights.

You will need a long T-20 screwdriver to adjust the headlights up and down.

Here is where you access the adjustment screw which is about 4inch below the hole.

Passenger Side

Drivers Side

The actual screw you need to find about 4 inches into the hole.

Also for those who need to adjust thier fog lights there is a plastic knob which you will be able to feel if you reach under the bumper to the bottom of each fog light.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
As you requested I am going to stick this at the top of the section.
Andy
Thank you. I created a new single post with all the required information and higher res images in one post.

Jay

Reactions: 67guzzler

·
Registered
426 Posts
Thanks guys just put my 3" front coil springs in, so my lights are jacked. I have a pile of HID's sitting here so I'll need this info for sure. I'm pretty savvy, but dang that adjuster is pretty hidden I don't know if I would have bumped into that one!

:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks, I can see now!

·
Banned
1 Posts
I'm trying to visualize this. Now that I've lifted the front and have HID's, I'd like to lower the headlights.

Are you saying the adjustment is in the fender OR do you open the access panel and it's in there.... ???? Thanks.
You have to have your hood open and the hole is near the front of the truck about 6 inches from the front of the fender. There is a 1/2 or so hole in the fender which the hood normally covers. It was a PITA to find if I had not had the lights out so much I would have not found it.

·
Premium Member
9,547 Posts
You have to have your hood open and the hole is near the front of the truck about 6 inches from the front of the fender. There is a 1/2 or so hole in the fender which the hood normally covers. It was a PITA to find if I had not had the lights out so much I would have not found it.
Of course.

You saw post #24 above with the pictures? He posted those after I asked.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/2010-general-discussion/313483-how-do-we-adjust-our-headlights-2.html#post3309200

Thanks tho! :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
My son has a Dodge 1998.5 and recently put in new smokey front lights. This is a slightly lifted truck. He needs to use his fog lights to really see at night (making me very nervous!). Any suggestions on what he can do to make these brighter? I think he has the largest bulbs in there. Hope this makes sense! Thank you

·
Tech support junkie
4,986 Posts
My son has a Dodge 1998.5 and recently put in new smokey front lights. This is a slightly lifted truck. He needs to use his fog lights to really see at night (making me very nervous!). Any suggestions on what he can do to make these brighter? I think he has the largest bulbs in there. Hope this makes sense! Thank you
Hook him up with ddmtuning.com HIDs are the only way to go:thumbsup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just an FYI for those who don't have a T-20 torx bit or screwdriver.

I used a 8mm socket with an extension and it was much easier than trying to get it done with the torx.

I'm not sure if it was because I was dong this in the dark of night and couldn't line up the torx bit properly.

But the 8mm socket worked much better for me !!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ok, so is there a way to adjust just the high beam? One of my hoen endurace bulbs went out and after I replaced the beam shines under the low beam. Right side is still good(shines over low beam). I thought maybe I didn't insert bulb correctly but I removed and checked assembly and it seems correct!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey well im just a kid and i was wondering what this does,... does turning the screw clockwise lower the beam of the light and where it points??

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I can't remember but when I adjust mine I do it in an area where I can easily see where the focus pattern is hitting so that I can see the what the effect is having.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you adjust the headlights right to left

Thank you for all the information on how to adjust the headlights up and down. I need to adjust one of the headlights to the right. I have a slight blind spot where the right light is not going out far enough. I can not locate the adjusting screw. Can you help?

21 - 40 of 90 Posts