Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '07 5.9 Dually Mega and I've heard talk about the "boosted launch" I'm curious as to how to do this. Can I get some tips from you guys on this? My truck has an AFE intake, Smarty and will soon be getting a straight pipe exhaust...:peelout

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hold the brake and then give it some throttle till you build up how much boost you want and then let off the break and hammer the throttle and hope your tranny takes it. lol

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
if you got an auto say goodbye to it if its stock and say goodbye to your clutch if you have a manual :thud: if you wanna try it real bad dont go over 10 lbs of boost :thumbsup

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
i go to 25pounds on my stock auto done alot of them and i tow 10 thousand pounds every weekend maybe i got a good one but mine is fine with 170 thousand kms

·
EAST TEXAS VP
3,432 Posts
Yeah, watch the tranny!! It will go eventually, and it will probably be the input shaft that goes first with boosted launches.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
:agree2:boosted launches are a great way of saying goodbye to a stock auto tranny or clutch. you will smile big when you get straight piped:peelout

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Inputs are not cheap to replace

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
then it goes boom and u buy another they all break i look at it this way keep the 6 grand invested and run the stock one if it goes in a year from now you made money on the investment instead of having it sit in your truck

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
I wouldn't recomend a 25psi boost launch. I'll post pics why later if you wish.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
i go to 25pounds on my stock auto done alot of them and i tow 10 thousand pounds every weekend maybe i got a good one but mine is fine with 170 thousand kms
your also not showing a power adder in your sig are you doing these in 4wd?

If your doing 25psi launches in 4wd your working on borrowed time! just wait till you wheel hop it and catch you will understand why...:w: :CRY:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
i got a preditor set on performance. when it does blow ill just put a built one in till then that money is makin money not to say it wont break. im sure it will but why fix it till it does it will probably fly out the bottom when i hook it to the sled we will see lol

·
Mr. Vehicle Destroyer
11,910 Posts
Yeah ask BBRam how that boosted launch went at Milan went last year :lol3::$:

·
Banned
885 Posts
If you don't know to back off when you get wheel hop you deserve everything, and i mean everything that happens.
If you get wheel hop, fix it so you don't, with a ladder or axle wrap bar

Even built stuff won't last with wheel hop, might 6 or 16 times more then stock, but again were back to knowing when to get off the pedal

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
If you don't know to back off when you get wheel hop you deserve everything, and i mean everything that happens.

Even built stuff won't last with wheel hop, might 6 or 16 times more then stock, but again were back to knowing when to get off the pedal
Probably why mine lives stock cause i never hope the tires i just hate it hard on the whole truck just not the tranny

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts

Here are the pics, it's a billet shaft, and there was ZERO Wheel Hop, The Truck HAS Bars. And I know how to drive.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

Attachments

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Here are the pics, it's a billet shaft, and there was ZERO Wheel Hop, The Truck HAS Bars. And I know how to drive.
hey that's cool, can i train mine to do that? :rof:lol3::rof:rof

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
i give mine two pulls and that will happen or ill burn out the clutches its guna be fun tho

·
Banned
885 Posts
Curious why it's drilled straight thru the input side to side?

More times then not it's driver error, but in your case it could be faulty machining, or a bad metal mix, but i wasn't present

1 - 20 of 39 Posts