Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am doin a cummins ford conversion i had to flip the maifold to clear the heater box now my oil drain and oil in port are right in the middle on each side instead of on top or bottom... i know you can take the snap ring out and rotate the front housing but how do i rotate the part where the oil lines go to? sorry im a little turbo illliterate

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it is a hx35

· Registered
9,898 Posts
their are a few different designs of center sections and housings. depending on which one you have determines whether or not your going to be able to do this....

their could be a vband clamp or bolts holding the turbine housing to the center section, loosen them and rotate the housing. good luck because its likely seized on there pretty good!

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea it had two pieces the slide in and bolt to the rear section that holds the center section in. i took them out and tried to rotate it and had no luck.... i didnt know if it was just really seized or if there was something i was not doin

· Registered
9,898 Posts
have you tried pulling it straight out? Ive never had my hx35 apart, but some of them use a small pin or notch to keep the housing clocked right

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i didnt try that. i will try that tommorow! if it doesnt work it might be a excuse to buy a turbo lol what would be a good all around turbo for 400-500hp with a 9712v and a g56 six speed

· AlGores worst nightmare
1,377 Posts
Once it seats and goes through a couple heat cycles, it's on there pretty good. Mine has 4 bolts from the center section into the exhaust housing, with clamps connecting each set of 2 bolts. Loosen those bolts as much as possible, do not remove! Soak the area with penetrating oil, and hold the turbo up with the housing facing down. TAP down lightly on the housing, going all the way around. Might have to let it soak a while. Be careful to not let the housing hit the exhaust wheel, spin the shaft often. If it binds, tap housing back on to straighten. Once it loosens up you can rotate it to wherever you need it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.